Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times columnist Brendan McWilliams has died after a short illness.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,145 ✭✭✭nilhg

Sad news, I always enjoyed his columns in the Times and also his contributions to Pat Kennys radio show.

A young man too, my commiserations to his family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I noticed he was missing from the last few weeks on Kennys show. It was a good little feature.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭arctictree

RIP - I remember reading his columns when I was a kid in the eighties....

A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Sad news, i was wondering what had happened to his column. Would like to see all of what he wrote in the irish times put into a book. May he rest in peace

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

sorry to hear that, about 15 years back a geography teacher used to use his columns as material and I've been hooked ever since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I used to collect his articles when I was younger. RIP.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

:(

Just saw this on the news.

I loved his Irish Times column, been reading it for years.

Would also like to see a collection of these published as angry_fox said above.

Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Sad news :-( RIP

I loved his columns in the Times... noticed he had been missing lately, and had been wondering why.

One of the most fascinating things I learned from him (either his column or from Pat Kenny) was about axial precession, the phenomenon which leads to the sun rising later and later through early January before beginning to rise earlier from about the 15th of the month (whereas one would expect it to start rising earlier after 21 December).

Terrific man... I hope we'll see a book of his best columns.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

RIP. His columns were always a great read and he had such a wonderful personal style. He will be much missed.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Can't believe this, may he rest in peace.

I was a keen reader of his work, and he offered some words of advice through email to me before.

Such shocking and sudden news.

His work however as has been uttered above should be placed in a book, it was brilliant.

RIP:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Sad news

Enjoyed reading his work.

RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭CliffHuxtabel

I was saddened to hear of Brendan McWilliams passing.

I always enjoyed his contributions to the Kenny show and I found his Weather Eye column breezy and informative.

Rest In Peace Brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 13,536 ✭✭✭✭fits

I'm very sad to hear this... RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 16,853 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

I enjoyed reading his columns. RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Sad news indeed. R.I.P.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

The only column in the IT I would 100% at least glance at. Desperately sad to hear this news. May he rest in peace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Xylem

Just adding to all of the above.

Eloquent, intelligent, and always a pleasure to listen to on Pat Kenny.

R.I.P.

Advertisement