Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subway sandwich making methods....

• 22-10-2007 5:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Ok, first off I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already but I used the search and couldn't find anything on the same lines as what i'm frustrated about.

Whats really really really really x10 annoying and frustrating is the way my usual Sub (Chicken Teriyaki on either hunnyoat/italian herbs+cheese, with cheese, lettuce and mayo). I'm presuming there's a certain way that all the sandwichs are made because I've been in a few outlets throughout the country and mine has been made exactly the same in most of them. A new one opened in my local town (i was sooo excited) so of course I was in at the first opportunity.....but they made my sandwich wrong!!! Ok, I'm sure some of you are reading goin 'this doll is mental' but little things like that bug me.
    This is how I like it being made (which is the case in the majority of outlets I've been in)

1. Teriyaki sauce on chicken and heated
    2. Cheese triangles placed on bread(nicest cheese ever)
    3. Chicken placed on bread
    4. Add salad
    5. Add mayo

NOT THE CASE IN MY LOCAL
    Today, when i asked the girl for the sandwich.....she put the chicken straight on the bread before the cheese and didn't even but the teriyaki sauce on it never mind not heating it. AND they've got horrible horrible grated cheese that they put on sometimes instead of asking you if you'd like it on (it's usually done by the time you realise). What's the story!!?? It's really frustrating having to correct them the whole time, is there not a proper method for every sandwich preparation unless it's totally different from the menu?? I mean, mine is very very simple and not complicated. Any one else find this happening or is everyone not as weird as me!? lol

*rant over*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I feel your pain however I'd put it down to the shop being new. It'll be sorted in a few weeks.

I had a similar experience with the one that opened recently across from work. Grand now that they've had a few weeks practice.

NOTE: Subway rocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I feel your pain however I'd put it down to the shop being new. It'll be sorted in a few weeks.

I had a similar experience with the one that opened recently across from work. Grand now that they've had a few weeks practice.

NOTE: Subway rocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

It's not brand new though, it opened up before the summer...they've had plenty time to adjust but stuff keeps changin all the time. AHHHHHH i just needed to let it all out, i'm glad others are as passionate about their sandwiches as I am....but also, i'm a very critical person when it comes to food places and the people who work in them. I mean, if you went to McDonalds and ordered the same thing every time (which i'm sure most people do) but it was different every time I'm sure it would annoy others.

And yes, SUBWAY DOES ROCK (",)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

I like the meatballs myself.

I agree it might because they are new. Have a look on their website and see if you can email them or something. I'm sure they would be delighted to help a regular.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

there does seem to be a few people (not places) putting hte chicken on cold tot he roll (most ppl seem to get them toasted now). dont know if theres a standard build flow chart for them though.

also, if they want to use grated cheese, thats grand. subways are franchises and would probably be allowed to source certain ingredients locally if they so choose

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Report it to Head Office, not to get them in trouble but so they can send out a rep who can give training.

After all, in theory a subway sandwich should taste the same anywhere you go.
    A franchise has to made certain standards and Head Office won't be pleased about this

Tree wrote: »
    also, if they want to use grated cheese, thats grand. subways are franchises and would probably be allowed to source certain ingredients locally if they so choose

Fair enough, but if they've got 2 types of cheese can't i choose my own instead of them puttin it on my sandwich 'just because it's local'?

I think i will email them but maybe first off to ask if there is a set method to makin all the sandwiches etc.. then throw in about my local one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

micmclo wrote: »
    Report it to Head Office, not to get them in trouble but so they can send out a rep who can give training.

A franchise has to made certain standards and Head Office won't be pleased about this

This is absolutely correct. Subway (like most franchises) relies on everything being the same in each outlet so that users can get accustomed and appreciative of the brand (brand familiarity).

You really should contact the Head office with this news. At the very least you will get a letter explaining the difference but most likely a letter acknowledging your complaint with a pledge to put it right and perhaps even a Subway voucher or two :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

In whatever Subway I've been in across this fine earth, they ALWAYS use that yummy, plastic-ey cheese in triangles.
    That's what makes it so nice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

micmclo wrote: »

Not necessarily, in London, some Subways, in predominatly Muslim areas use Hallal meat, which tastes completely different, so I assume, some catering to local tastes is allowed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Blisterman wrote: »
    Not necessarily, in London, some Subways, in predominatly Muslim areas use Hallal meat, which tastes completely different, so I assume, some catering to local tastes is allowed.

That's not catering to local tastes that's catering to survive in business. Many franchises in Britain operate this policy out of necessity. The only thing that changes however is the source and content of the meat and meat based ingredients. They are still put together in the same way in the actual outlet and there is no difference in the look or taste of the final product. This is clearly different to what the OP is describing.

EDIT, it's not just London either, it's the same in most cities in England. The cottage chicken outlet in Cambridge use halal meats. :)

Blisterman wrote: »

I'm sure they've got it on the menu that they use Hallal meat in those outlets though. They have acknowledged it on their subway.com site. It's also according to the religious beliefs of their cusomters...
    If they want to use grated cheese (which i know is not sourced locally) fine but put it on the menu as a choice instead of puttin it on my sandwich.

olaola wrote: »
    they ALWAYS use that yummy, plastic-ey cheese in triangles.
    That's what makes it so nice

+1...i totally agree.
    Something else I remembered about how she made my sandwich the last day, she put the cheese on the chicken/sauce and heated it, again all done before I had the chance to say 'no'!!!
    I have also emailed the HQ so hopefully tomorrow or soon I'll have a reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

Hmmm, that rather defeats the purpose and the ideology of a francise

Tackle69 wrote: »
    Hmmm, that rather defeats the purpose and the ideology of a francise

+1

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

they do source diffeernt ingredients though. no point running a business if you cant make a profit, and if buying local helps, they'll do it. subway wouldnt be the only franchise doing that either.

they do source diffeernt ingredients though. no point running a business if you cant make a profit, and if buying local helps, they'll do it. subway wouldnt be the only franchise doing that either.

Your right Tree, but give the option, or advertise that some of the ingredients are local. Anyway, that's not what i posted about. AND, HQ hasn't emailed me back yet grrr...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Grated cheese sourced locally? It gets delivered in big buckets ready to be thrown on.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Cheese steak rocks. That is all.

Advertisement