Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physics Revision Book

Options
  • 22-10-2007 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to buy a revision book for Leaving Cert HL Physics. If anybody has a Physics revision book or as seen all of them can they tell me which one is the best to buy? As far as I can see only two companies, Folens and G&M, publish one. What is the Rapid Revsion Physics LC HL like? I'm looking for a book that makes it easier to understand rather than a cramming book.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

bump

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i have the less stress more success book. it seems alright.
    i think the notes i took from the book myself on everything i taught important is just as good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭SligoBrewer

i have the less stress more success book. it seems alright.
    i think the notes i took from the book myself on everything i taught important is just as good

yep, bought the less stress for defintions, its handy for revising for tests and that

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,644 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

I used Rapid Revision for my LC.Im a big fan of the Rapid Revision range I just find them better laid out and not a crammed as other books.
    I say go to a bookshop and have a good flick through them and see which you like the look of

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kulva

dont get a revision book...it gives you all the same information but just in a different format to your original textbook.Often the symbols and letters used to denote things are different in other books. This can lead to confusion if you dont really know whats going on anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 paddy007

kulva wrote: »
    dont get a revision book...it gives you all the same information but just in a different format to your original textbook.Often the symbols and letters used to denote things are different in other books. This can lead to confusion if you dont really know whats going on anyway.

Id agree with that to an extent, but id still buy a revision book. overall i think it makes it easier to study physics with one. I got the less stress more success one it seems alrite although i havnt looked at it much yet!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 kulva

If you were set on buying a book,you can get books on just the experiments of the LC course.I didn't use one but I can see how it would be benificial to someone because the experimental side of the course carries a good deal of marks in your exam.I've seen such books in various easons and general bookstores.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

For physics, rapid revision.. I had both it and less stress, but rapid revision's great for the whole cramming thing! ;) Ah no, it's a great revision book in general, I thought it was better than less stress anyway! I gave the less stress one away in the end!

Advertisement