Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAM for a Dell

Options
  • 22-10-2007 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Dell Dimension 5150 and looking to put some more RAM into it, anyone got any good places to buy it. Been on komplett.ie just looking around for more prices, if possible a direct link to the product would be nice:D and if your trying to sell me some RAM free would be nice:cool:

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

www.memoryc.com is a good place too. I would give you a direct link, but that would mean me searching for your pc and motherboard, and im about to sit down to eat :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Here you go

http://memory.neon-drive.com/s4m.php?model_num=21&oemid=DEL&thisman=DELL

Thats shop4memory.com - They are bit cheaper than Komplett for RAM - Their Kildare based and offer free delivery :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Thanks lads.

Neon-Circles there for Dimension 5100 5100c but not a 5150? Would that work on a 5150?

http://www.memoryc.com/products/description/1Gb_A_Data_DDR2_533-PC2_4200-module_CL4/index.html Thats for a Dimension 5150c woukd that work on mine?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Yes no problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

Hey Gavin,

Yup, the 5150 and 5150c use the same components - so whatever you see for the 5150c will also work in your own setup.

-jayo

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭jk2001

HavoK, you beat me to it :D

Cheers lads :D

Now onto my new problem (instead of opening up a new topic) bought a new DVD-RW drive today and have plugged into the spare IDE space in the computer, do I need to download software? And I can't seem to find a "master" or "slave" connections?

You shouldnt need software....does the drive show up in my computer?

You need to set the jumpers on the back of the drive to master or slave (Depends, if you have an exisiting drive put it at slave if not master ;)

You shouldnt need software....does the drive show up in my computer?

You need to set the jumpers on the back of the drive to master or slave (Depends, if you have an exisiting drive put it at slave if not master ;)

No the drive doesn't show up on "My computer". What are the jumpers??:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

sonydvdrwbkxn7.jpg

See where the green plastic is - where that is on the pins determines whether its a master or slave. Adjust it accordingly. Also, make sure as well as the ide you have it connected to one of these from your power supply:

molex.jpg

• Advertisement

sonydvdrwbkxn7cj6.jpg

The red mark is where the jumper is on my orinigal drive, so where should I put the jumper on my new drive? BTW I blacked out a section of pins as they aren't on either of my drivers.

There should be a reference either on the top/bottom/back of the drive as to what jumper position is which. Basically just put it into slave then.......

Advertisement