Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2nd provisional

Options
  • 22-10-2007 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭

hi,

i need to get my second provisional from the motor tax office in the next few days. im waiting to hear back about my full driving test. my first provisional expired on the saturday, 20th october. someone told me because the licence has run out i will need to sit the theory test again. is this true? or can i just go in to the offivce and they will give me a new one no prob?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

tdc wrote: »
    someone told me because the licence has run out i will need to sit the theory test again
    No you don't have to do it again.

(They may be confusing it with applying for a first provisional which must be done within 2 years of the date of the theory test).

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

ye, just wander in with your old provisional, 2 passport photos. fill in their form again, whip out your cash. they should bang it out for you in 5 minutes flat. Simple really, laugh at everyone in the motor tax queue, off you go.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,992 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Tazzle wrote: »
    they should bang it out for you in 5 minutes flat
    Perhaps in Cork Tazzle but in the rest of the country, we have to wait for the postman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 888 ✭✭✭tdc

thanks guys

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Perhaps in Cork Tazzle but in the rest of the country, we have to wait for the postman.

:( that's crazy. it's so simple to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Tazzle wrote: »
    :( that's crazy. it's so simple to do.

It's a form of ID, it should have to go through a monitering system to make sure everything's right. It really shouldn't vary between counties but it obviously does.

Advertisement