Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water Continous Flow From Overflow Pipe

Options
  • 22-10-2007 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭

HI everyone, i live in 2 bed apatment in wood ,at the back were we store our refuse bins etc above this there is a little overflow pipe sticking out above our apartment with water coming out for the last 24hrs straight onto our bedroom window/wall..Does anybody ever have this problem and if so how to fix it:confused:

ty all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

HI everyone, i live in 2 bed apatment in wood ,at the back were we store our refuse bins etc above this there is a little overflow pipe sticking out above our apartment with water coming out for the last 24hrs straight onto our bedroom window/wall..Does anybody ever have this problem and if so how to fix it:confused:

ty all

The stopcock (No sniggering...) is not going high enough in your water tank, so the flow of water into your tank is not being turned off. The excess water is escaping through the overflow pipe. Locate your tank, reach in, and set it back. Should stop it.
    Could also be your neighbours tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

daveco23 wrote: »
    The stopcock (No sniggering...)

Don't you mean Ballcock?

@Royalflush, if you are in a 2-bed apartment then you are on the ground floor and have a combi unit for your water storage and this pipe has nothing to do with your apartment.

The guys in the duplex above are responsible for the overflow pipe and you should contact them immediately and try to get them to sort it out. Leaving this problem running will only cuase more problems to your building - especially if it is timber-framed!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

We had the same problem with the ballcock in our tank (We're in a 2 bed). We had to get ours replaced as the water was constantly flowing. The only time it wouldn't flow was if we had showers or baths or used the washing machine or just run the cold tap in the bathroom (I know this was wasting water).

There is supposed to be a slight bend in the ballcock, but when it was first installed in our house (3 years ago) it was bent incorrectly, hence, getting a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

I had the same problem when I lived there and would recommend replacing it. The ballcock was starting to rust from being too low down in the water and it was constantly flowing. Better get onto your neighbours upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

Thanks everyone, most helpful ,yes it is upstairs problem and a plumber is on route we were told...so hopefully fixed soon, it looks like a irish summer out that window every second of the day:):):)

• Advertisement
Advertisement