Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GP's in Dub 4/Balsbridge or city center who take medical cards?

Options
  • 22-10-2007 6:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

Ive recently moved up to Dublin from Galway to start college. Last week my back got very sore as I have problems with it. I found a doctor nearby me who takes patients with medical cards but had enough at that point so I had to pay 65 euro to the doctor for her time. This is not a rant or anything of the sort I simply want some advice on good Gps in the above areas who will take a patient with medical card. I cant afford to be paying these prices every time I wanna see the doctor and I think I might have a stomach ulcer so wanna get to see one asap. PS I am not looking for med advice mods

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi, I had to same prob when I moved here but I have a brill doc now

Its Patricia Comer

44 haddington Road
    Ballsbridge
    D4

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Dublin City

dudara

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭beer4life

G86. wrote: »
    Hi, I had to same prob when I moved here but I have a brill doc now

Its Patricia Comer

44 haddington Road
    Ballsbridge
    D4

Im pretty sure that is the doctor across the road from the one I went to last week. And I was told she is retiring and wont take on anymore patients??? Anyway I better ring her anyway as I got her number

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

oh crap yea..far as I know they've told her she has to stop treating medical card patiemts now. There was alot of talk about it as she's a great doc. However, she does only charge 40 euro so would be worth going to if you are stuck for a doc. I went to loads before finally going to her and getting an apt with a speciliast to get me sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There may not be many. Try asking in you local HSE health centre.

Does the college have a doctor or an arrangement with a doctor?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭beer4life

No college is absolutely no help. I rang the morning I was in the doc's and they basically sai they don't have a doctor and don't have anyone in which they can recommend me to go to which is crap if you ask me.

Suppose I could ask in Baggot Street hospital eh?

Advertisement