Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

anything for weekend

• 22-10-2007 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭

I am new to the motorhome scene and was wondering has anybody any recomendations for where to go for upcoming weekend in camper .Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Welcome to the forum !

The best thing about a motorhome (especially if it's just for a couple of nights where you don't need to re-fill/empty anything) is that you can just make it up as you go along.

Amble off in a general direction that tickles your fancy, stop where you like it, drive on where you don't ...take your time.

It's a good way of exploring nooks and crannys that you have previously only driven past.

At least that's what I like to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

madharry
    Start by getting your gas topped up and then stick a pin in a map to decide. We spent a few days near Dungarven a while back and it was lovely. I think it was Caseys on the "golden coast" or something, nice little campsite with Hotel, Water and Golf nearby.
    Kilmore Quay in Wexford is another nice are in the South East...

'Hope to spent next week between Mayo & Donegal (Gweedore) if anybody has any recommendations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

stapeler wrote: »
    'Hope to spent next week between Mayo & Donegal (Gweedore) if anybody has any recommendations.

There is a nice motorhome stop just outside Killybegs, basic facilities but a fantastic view (dunno if they're still open this time of year)

The "Titanic" seafood platter in the Lobster Pot in Burtonport is an experience in itself and then spend the night on the cliffs on the tiny coast road outside Dungloe (but not when there is high wind:D)

In Sligo, Mullaghmore is a sort of "must see" with a good few possible overnight spots ...or the beach front in Strandhill (campsite is closed now)

@madharry

sorry, don't have any tips for the south ...ages since I've been.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 467 ✭✭Chevy RV

madharry wrote: »
    I am new to the motorhome scene and was wondering has anybody any recomendations for where to go for upcoming weekend in camper .Thank you

What about the Cork Jazz Festival. It's brilliant atmosphere permeates Cork for the whole weekend. There is a fairly decent site which is open in Blarney which is about 6-8 miles from Cork. Indeed some sections of the festival are actually held in Blarney. Paddy Cole played there last year at the Blarney Park hotel which is being redeveloped I think. There is another site on the Waterford/Youghal road out of Cork about 10-12 miles. It is not far (3-4 miles) from Midleton which is also a lively spot.

Recently I was at the Bluegrass Music Festival in Dunmore East which is about 16 miles outside Waterford on the coast. Brilliant food and music and you can park freely on the massive quays which are there. It is a beautiful village which has a very clean beech as well.

Regards,

Chevy RV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭madharry

Ended up in Dunmore east on Sat night got permission from a local fisherman and parked in the harbour very safe with security cameras every where had a few pints in the local and watched breeders cup (lost again),went up the coastal route to Tramore on sun morning very nice route ,(walked up beach for miles )met an assload of campers on my weekend

• Advertisement

Yeh, there everywhere these days taking up all the parking spaces:):) Hope it was a good intro to motorhoming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Everybody must be using their vans this weekend???? Not a post in sight!!!

Just back after a stress free week in Mayo & Donegal. Parked up for two nights near Foxford(Friends garden) and a day trip to Turlough Park near Swinford, Lovely place to visit. Then on to Donegal. Stopped for a night in Finstown, 20ish km from Letterkenny. Lovely picnic area overlooking the lake and across the road from a pub, even invited to stay for the bingo that night. Glenveigh Nation Park for a day trip and topped up water in the coach park. Bunbeg harbour to two nights.Lovely place too.
    Only a couple of mishaps, A rock from a passing truck damaged my windscreen in Sligo and I reversed into a pillar destroying my rear window in Donegal. This might justify a reversing camera.

Mod Edit:

The discussion about reversing cameras has been moved to a new thread

Advertisement