Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java - How would I compile this project?

Options
  • 22-10-2007 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hello

This is probably really basic, but I am new to Java so I cannot get it to work.

I am using an object database called Versant to persist Java objects.

I use Versant to compile and run my code.

It's all working fine.

However...

If I want to use something like the Scanner class to read in values from the user, I am unable to do this, as Versant does not offer a console window. Basically it just compiles code and inserts / removes objects from the database.

Versant requires a properties file, and numerous other files for its code to work.

Is there any way I can use something like JCreator to run this code, so I have a console window which can be used to enter user data?

Any help or pointers greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

I'm not sure if you even asked a question there -

I would recommend using Hibernate for relational persistence and you can configure xdoclet to auto-generate any config required for hibernate to run.
    ANT can be configured to use xdoclet & compile/deploy your application.

As for user input... write a simple Java app maybe? Or a simple form in a webapp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thegreeneman

Ditto, not sure where the question is here. The Scanner just allows you to take a stream, define some delimiters, parse and cast ... that does not have anything to do with Versant.

Is this a pre-existing database you are trying to access?

Don't know if this is what you are looking for, but there is a visual tool, vdbinspector that will allow you to visually display, query, edit information in the database.

Cheers,
    -Robert

Advertisement