Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

nokia N95 advice

• 22-10-2007 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭

lads

my nokia n95 is very slow to bring up the camera and video camera

whats wrong

its unlocked but it was a vodafone phone

any way to speed it up

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

How slow is "very slow"...
    N95 is slow to activate camera many times as it has a lot to process ....especially if you have a bunch of other stuff open. It then needs to close other background stuff stuff in order to open the camera as there is not enough execution ram to keep all things running.
    It does this automatically (closes other applications) in the background and consequently the camera is slow to open.
    Do you have the latest firmware update? That speeds it up a bit..
    Check regularly to see what apps you have running in the background? (Press and hold the menu button to see whats running.)
    Another way to speed up the camera app is to disable viewing the shot once taken or lowering the resolution (3MP is enough for 99% of printing requirements and makes the app faster..)
    Hope that helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

thanks quintron for the reply

if i get rid of all the vodafone stuff in the phone
    would that speed it up

basically debranding the phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

I doubt debranding would have any effect on the camera function. Phone start up overall "might" be quicker.. I haven't seen the vodafone firmware in action so I don't know what they have on there. I was under the impression that all the voda models were unbranded handsets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,345 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

It's a camera phone not a camera so it's not going to be fast to get started.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

my k800i camera starts immediately but previously had n73 and camera on that took few seconds at least to start often over 5 seconds. its a software thing, update the sw version and it will probably sort it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,620 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

whats the latest software version

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

check it on nokia site

Advertisement