Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two Queries - Photoshop maybe?

Options
  • 22-10-2007 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,323 ✭✭✭✭

I have 2 queries, can anyone help?

1. I have a few photographs that I want to print off on an A4 sheet - a collage type of thing, can this be done with Picasa or PS Elements, if yes, How......?

2. How do add the copyright symbol i.e. © on my pics using PS Elements and a laptop. I think there is a workround but I haven't mastered it.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

Not sure about picasa but for your collage in ps elements, start a new document and choose the overall size you want the whole thing to be, and the background colour. Then you can open the pictures you want to paste in to it, click on the title bar, ctrl+a to select all, ctrl+c to copy, select your main canvas again and ctrl+v to paste. Then there's a move tool that's a pointer with a cross (little arrows) next to it - use that to move the picture around within the frame. If you go to the view menu and make sure you have the 'layers' pallette showing, you'll see that there's a layer for the background and one for each picture you paste, allowing you to position each one after you've pasted it in. If you want to rotate them or scale them, make sure you have the right layer selected and hit ctrl+a then ctrl+t (trasform) and you can twist away to your heart's content. Make sure if you're resizing that you hold down the shift key to keep the right dimensions though.

As for the watermark, I found an article that should help: http://graphicssoft.about.com/cs/photoshopelements/ht/psewatermark.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Should be quite easy with elements as it uses layers like photoshop. To get a copyright symbol type (ALT)0169 all together © and you get this. Alternately just copy the symbol from this message.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,323 ✭✭✭✭phog

Thanks for your replies - will give them a go over the week-end if I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭countryjimbo

Another easy way to add a copyright is to use something like the Faststone Image Resizer.

This has lots of other useful functions as well and its freeware.

Advertisement