Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using NTL & Netgear router - Mulitples users - Tracking GB's used

Options
  • 22-10-2007 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭

Is there any way we can monitor to see how much of our 30GB limit we have used?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 aka7

Hi workaccount,
    I am also interested to find out how I can keep track on the size of download to date. I don't think ntl are providing any user service on this one so maybe some litlle application that would keep track at the home/pc level.
    Did ntl give you a username and password for loggin in to your netgear IP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Is there any way we can monitor to see how much of our 30GB limit we have used?

Unfortunately NTL don't have a usage monitor similar to BT's or Eircoms. They were suggesting that people download something like DUMeter for a while I believe.

What I've done before is put a box between the ISP's modem and the router with something like Smoothwall on it that can graph traffic on its interfaces. Given that your web traffic is going to be passing through the Smoothwall box it'll give you a pretty good idea what you've uploaded/downloaded. I haven't tried this with my NTL setup yet but I will do in the new year when I'm a little less busy.
    aka7 wrote: »
    Hi workaccount,
    Did ntl give you a username and password for loggin in to your netgear IP?

When the engineer installs this they usually leave the username and password as the default one which is admin & admin I think (a quick google should get you this info).

Cheers
    Rory

Advertisement