Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Best time to buy a car!

Options
  • 22-10-2007 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Well im going to buy a car for my little brother. He will be 17 in February so Ill get it for him for christmas. I am wondering when is the best time to get good cheap 2nd hand car preferably under 2.5K. My parents will get him insurance which will be around 2.5K aswell. Anyone have any suggestions on what car to get him preferably under a 1.2 litre. Wont be able to purchase car til December as Im waiting on a claim so I cant buy a car right now. Im thinking a small polo as he is kinda short 5"6 lol he will kill me if he see's that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Wish i'd a brother like you:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭steven22

Wish i'd a brother like you:D:D:D

Nah he really wants a car and Im getting a claim, and its only us both in family. May aswell look after the bro. Ill make it out as though im helping parents by buying him car so they dont want anything. (god i hope they dont see this) Its only 15-18 grand of a claim so I aint boasting. It shall be a good year in Oz though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Would of thought the start of the year, most places are desparate to get rid of thier new '08 stock they dont want a 10+ year old car in thier lot when it could be occupied by a new car, keep off till the new year also many places hold sales to get rid of old stock, that is if you go dealer route, private sellers the same, desprate to pay off xmas credit cards.

Just look at the usual cars
    Pug 106- i actually quite like these cars!
    Nisssan Micra
    Opel Corsa
    Citroen Saxo- basically the same as the 106
    Fiat Punto

All could be picked up in decent condtion for around your kinda bread.

-VB-

P.S your parents wouldnt be adopting anytime soon?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭S.I.R

pug 106 / saxo is a great choice also diahatsu charade and the suzuki swift being next in line :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

We're forgetting Mazda 121 / Ford Fiesta 1.25?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

christmas week, the best time you will be the only buyer

Advertisement