Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SE-K750i-WSOD-Driving me Nuts

• 22-10-2007 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, Have a k750i(O2) which is having problems, like many of its brothers and sister world fooking wide. And its not just K750i, other models in the K W and Z ranges are b0l0xing up to! Its something to do with the OS. Whats more SE customer care know this is going on but deny the flaw and wont replace them. I have the latesest firmware update flashed on by SEUS but to no avail. Ok, firstly it would, every couple days, freeze with a WSOD (white screen of death) and the only solution was removing the battery. This rarely occurs now, but now it does it cept it re-boots after 30 secs. It happens really often (eg 3 time in 8 mins!!!!) when i use the mp3 function, which is why i bought it as i dont wanna carry an mp3 and phone. Anyway, when this happens the volume returns to default, the music stops and the pause point is in the middle of some song which i may have been listening to the day before. I have a 1gb card though its only like 3/4 full. I have backed it up so resets are not a problem. Somebody said online that putting a note on the background prevented freezes. Tried it, possibly delayed it, but didnt remove it. Have formated the card, nothing. Have searched a few times. Still no definite answer. Any help really apreciated,
    Lethal_Bullet.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

BUMP
    Please stop me going insane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

hi lethal, i've worked in a phoneshop last year and am back working in one now. The WSOD you described isn't a problem i've come across alot with sonyericssons in general and would say they're no more unreliable than anything else out there. The one person I did know of with a similar problem had bought a dodgy memory stick duo off ebay. When the handset was used with a different stick it was fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Been using a W810 for the last year, don't think I've had any of the problems you've described. Vaguely remember once or twice that the phone switched itself off, but that might've been the battery going.

Before that, had a K750 for almost a year, had to change it though coz of a hardware problem with the joystick thing. That was a traditional problem with Sony Ericssons where the joystick would get wrecked after a while, but this issue has been resolved in recent models. No software issues at all though.

Using a T650i now, seems very good, although MMS doesn't seem to be working. Possibly an O2 issue. The music player on it ain't half bad even though it's not Walkman branded.

By the way, as neilled says, I've heard that bad / corrupt Memory Cards can cause trouble. I've always used Sony or Sandisk cards; no problems there.

I suppose some people just have all the bad luck! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

bring it back to where you bought it. they'll send it off for repair or if its an o2 one they'll give you a new one right away as long as your phone doesn't look beat up. thousands and thousands of k750s have been sold and they're not all faulty. my dad has one and that's never happened to it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

I agree with previous poster - try a different memory card - also make sure you haven't transferred any music or video that's not in the correct format - this also causes the os to crash if you try to play them.

• Advertisement

No they're all compatable. The phone is out of waranty i htink and anyway, its scatched to pieces, they wont take it. I've found it online loads of times. The mem card is lexar i got from a camera shop in town. Will try another card and see if it helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I've had a K750i for about two years and never had those problems. I'm using a W810i now and it does have them either. Mind you I only updated the firmware on the K750i, and then only once about 2 yrs ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

SE phones have a two year warranty by the way

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

i have a k750i, have had this one for a year with no probs. but....

this is the 4th one i got from vodafone (between replacements and repairs)

and oh boy did i have to fight to get a working phone from them. i bought online which lessened my consumer rights so that added to the woe.....

but when it works, a good phone....the probs i had were that it kept freezing and WSOD, joystick and dropping calls....

if the phone u have aint workin properly dont know if there is anything u can do....

then i got a p990i in the states. oh my god what a disaster! freezing, dropping calls, restating, slow.....a disgrace of a phone. thank god i didnt pay 1000 eur for it when it came out first...

Yeah, they'll think i dropped it as the casing is destroyed just from wear and tear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

Yeah, they'll think i dropped it as the casing is destroyed just from wear and tear.

Well if it looks like you dropped it then maybe you did - and that's why it's not working :D Mind you, mine's taken a fair battering and is still going strong after a year and a half!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

I had the wsod on my W810i a while back an contacted Sony Ericsson. They recommended that I go to the site and download and install the update service,then install the latest firmware, which I did and it fixed the problem.
    Hope this helps.

Advertisement