Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best camera phone?

• 22-10-2007 9:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

Sold my digital camera and want to get a good camera phone. I have seen on another thread that the pixel amount does not mean that its the best camera.

If i could have people 's suggestions i would be grateful currently have a nokia 6233

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It'd probably be the SE k800i at the moment. It's a great phone. The camera is really good (for a phone) but I don't use it as much as I thought I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Depends on what you want the camera for,
    Ive had a fe phones and I have to admit, the nokia 6280 has the best camera going,
    It takes pretty clear shots(crystal clear if you have a lot of natural light) and the mic picks up sounds brillianly when you are filming a video.
    Ive got an SE w810i at the moment, the picture quality is ok, has a tendency to yellow out the shots but the video quality is absoloutely rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭leche solara

I agree with AlmightCushion about the SE K800i.
    You can see some of the pictures I have taken with one here:

http://pix.ie/lechesolara/album/314992

The K800i has 3.2MP but the K850i with 5MP has just been launched. Maybe not in Ireland yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

i suppose i want it to take still shots really and family member having baby in dec so would like to take pics of that with good phone camera and just think to myself that i am not sure if i really need a camera and a camera phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

mobile-phone-with-camera.jpg

Sorry, best I could do as there are loads of threads on this exact topic already on this forum. Could a mod sticky a "Camphone" thread maybe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

You need to look at what you're going to be using the camera for - snapshots, snapshots capturing memories or something more creative?

Camera phones have been fine for snapshots since 1.3 megapixels - great for taking pictures of your drunken friends on a night out etc. Quality is not an issue in this scenario.

Taking pictures of a newborn baby? Most definitely not a great idea to get a camera phone for that job - you'll probably be indoors when taking photos, bad lighting would necessitate the use of a flash (bad for baby) or high ISO (looks atrocious on a small camera sensor) or blurring due to low light. Many compact camera would have problems getting "good" photos of the baby (with good light there should be less of a problem).

Creative shots: it's arguable - certainly a dSLR would give you more features and functions but would you carry a dSLR around all the time? Chances are you'll have your phone with you wherever you go - if you're feeling inspired you can just snap the shot. But be prepared to be wishing for a greater freedom when it comes to taking a shot.

I would recommend you to look at a compact camera. The fuji f31fd springs to mind as a good low light performer - you can use natural light and still get respectable images of baby and co.

I have seen on flickr some of what the K800i and N95 can produce and it is impressive - however there's a reason photographers are buying dSLRs ;)

You just need to ask yourself what kind of pictures will you be taking - and would the limitations of a camera phone (or indeed a dSLR/P&S) be impeding you in your goal to take the photographs you wish to take?

But certainly - the N95, K800i and the 5mp samsung model seem to be the best camera phones available right now.

Advertisement