Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

When is a HDTV best used ?

• 22-10-2007 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Hello ,I've been looking at the various hdtv's and there resolutions.
    At the moment I mostly use this http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00067T81E/ref=nosim/kaufenundbe10-21

My problem is ,I like the above tv and the quality is fairly good. The question that comes to mind is ,would I notice a major improvement on a tv ,this size ,in HD ?

Is HD better used ,when the size of the television is over a certain size?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭guest

Put it this way---have you ever watched DVD on a portable (15") and then on a PC monitor? noticed a difference? If not, go for it. if so, then you're best off doing what I did:

Goto ebay.ie

Track down Luzurntech

Buy a decent sized HDTV for 200 to 400 euros (I got a 32" HDTV from Philips for 400---and that was including the 60euro delivery charge!)

I'm not plugging Luzurntech, and I'm not an employee. They just, simply, RULE.

HD is the way to go. Cable looks sh1t but dvds, pc, games, everything else just glow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Thanks anyway ,but Komplett is about the only online place I'll buy an LCD.

I have my eye on a 32" at the moment ,but it's only 768 ,not 1080 :(
    I'd like to get a 1080 ,but I don't want anything bigger than 32"

I've read a lot of bad things about philips lcd's ,I wasn't expecting to. I'd be an avid philips fan ,but I'm swaying for a sony 32S3000 now .

Advertisement