Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Topshop Skinnys

• 22-10-2007 9:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

anyone know anyone who has bought these? I know two very slim girls who have, and find the legs incredibly tight!! Even the shop girls acknowledged they were tight,but she was wearing them..they are the skinny ones, dark blue with yellow stitching...I wear the slim leg ones which are loose enough which I dont like but couldnt risk the skinny leg! Any experience?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

They might loosen out after wear and washing? My River Island ones did anyways...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Well thats what happened when I bought my slim leg ones, now theyre horribly baggy...even tho I always buy a little smaller then my size as I know they stretch...Id really love these dark blue ones but they are just tiny! waist is fine but the legs no. and Ive skinny enough legs, but not twigs:) So I have to leave em in the shop!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

simu wrote: »
    They might loosen out after wear and washing? My River Island ones did anyways...

That always puts me off buying super skinny jeans, I bought one pair in RI before, they were my size and fit me in the shop but after a few washes they'd stretched out and were waay too big.

I'm always afraid of buying a size too small just in case that's the pair that doesn't stretch out for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

Once they stretch out, put them in a tumble dryer to shrink them.
    Those really tight ones are the X ones but they've changed the style so now they are not as tight at the ends. I prefered them skin tight at the ankles. It's impossible to find really really tight ones now :(
    I've just got really skinny ankles and lower leg but not so much upper leg so jeans are so difficult for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

I have a pair of these, they are skintight, as in no baggy ends, but not uncomfortably so for me...but then, that's the benefit of being a midget!!

• Advertisement

Yes that is them the x pair, the dark blue ones....how come topshop have two skinny styles, x which is spray on tight and b which are loose? think I might venture and buy a pair and see...i tried them on and the ankles are loose, Id prefer more fitted, but the bit of my leg from the knee to my ankle (sorry, cant remember the word!!) is frighteningly tight, like Ive to twist it! and I am a candidate for skinny jeans, not someone who is wishfully thinking! I'm sure there are more of you!

I have a great pair from bubblegum in Australia which are fantastic and havent lost their shape and I bought them in 2005...

MIght be looking to cheapmonday.com again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

Yes that is them the x pair, the dark blue ones....how come topshop have two skinny styles, x which is spray on tight and b which are loose? think I might venture and buy a pair and see...i tried them on and the ankles are loose, Id prefer more fitted, but the bit of my leg from the knee to my ankle (sorry, cant remember the word!!) is frighteningly tight, like Ive to twist it! and I am a candidate for skinny jeans, not someone who is wishfully thinking! I'm sure there are more of you!

I have a great pair from bubblegum in Australia which are fantastic and havent lost their shape and I bought them in 2005...

MIght be looking to cheapmonday.com again!
    I have pair of the X ones from about a year ago and bought a new pair last week. They have definetly made them a bit baggier. I even was able to go in a waist size (yay!) but the lower leg + knee is not as tight as I wish. I'm going to bring them to a tailor to get them taken in and the ends (not taken up, taken IN!) hopefully it will work.

I wish I could wear cheap mondays but because they are mostly unisex, they don't fit me because I have larger hips/waist and skinny lower leg, Cheap Monday fits someone who is similar size the whole way up (in proportion, i guess i just amn't!)

tee hee Sawa, youre honesty is great. I had a look in topshop earlier, I reckon their stock of dark blue x jeans are the same as ever..I spotted a girl weraing them on the bus home the other day and boy were they stretched. I might try the other x's then, in the hope of finding a suitable pair! ah skinnt jeans, ye wreck my head. If I could find that bubblegum range here........

Advertisement