Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Abercrombie Store

• 22-10-2007 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭

Probably the wrong place to post this. But I was just wondering what people thought of the Abercrombie stores. When I was living In mannhatten. I used to call in to pick up bits and bobs for my sister.

The noise used to be unreal inside. One day there was a parade on outside and they had sweeper amd digers and all manner of different indutrial machines driving up and down 5th avenue.
    But it was actually quiter outside the store then it was inside

Plus the fact there almost no lighting what so ever in the store. I used to buy stuff in the store for my sister walk outside and realise it was a absoutly different colour to the on emy sister was looking for

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

Well there isnt an Abercrombie store in Ireland right now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

To be quite frank hopefully there never will be if its going to be like its New York branch. Are the rest of the stores like that. Find the whole Abercrombie thing a little obnoxious and and little aryan. The whole Two Wongs dont make a white etc, etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

been in their boston store, and tbh it's awful, crappy flooring, crappy lighting.

i actually liked how the store was laid out, ie. women to the left men to the right. there are too many stores in ireland that the least frequent shoppers (ie. people who want in and out in least amount of time possible (men)) have to go to the back of the store or up about five floors to get what they want.

only good thing about it actually come to think of it was the smell in the store (they spray fierce around the place).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I don't get the obsession. The clothes are generic.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the one in london is like trying to shop in a nightclub. dark, noisy and full of cute birds. it wasn't all bad i guess..

• Advertisement

Thats exactly the way the Manhatten store is. Stay there longer then 30 Min and you have a thumping head ache.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

The one in New York is horrific. It was so loud I had to walk straight back out. Not all of the stores are like that, or at least the other ones I've been in (Toronto and Hawaii) werent like that at all.

It's not as dark as Hollister, which is actually like going into a nightclub.

Hate me for saying it but I quite like the lyout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Most of them are set up along the same lines - loud music, pretty but vacant staff and low lighting. Hollister are doing a pretty much identical thing now in their stores. For the same type of clobber American Eagle is probably the least up it's own arse of the three.

And for some light relief and a great pisstake of A&F click.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

ive never had anything bad to say about the stores around where i live.they are all clean,look good and nice friendly staff.good music too.what more could you want?

• Advertisement

giddyup wrote: »
    Most of them are set up along the same lines - loud music, pretty but vacant staff and low lighting. Hollister are doing a pretty much identical thing now in their stores. For the same type of clobber American Eagle is probably the least up it's own arse of the three.

And for some light relief and a great pisstake of A&F click.
    Holliser is a part of Abercrombie.

electric69 wrote: »
    ive never had anything bad to say about the stores around where i live.they are all clean,look good and nice friendly staff.good music too.what more could you want?

A couple of boxs of pain killers

Ps the girl orkiing ther arem hot.Mabe kinda bias as I was scoring one of them\1;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭Shutuplaura

Yeah they are famous for blaring out music and annoying their neighbours in shopping malls etc. I was also in one over here and I'm sure I saw Brian O'Driscoll in one of the posters modelling a top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

The thing I hate most about those stores is the horrible smell. They spray their perfume all around the shop. It gets so sickening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Ps the girl orkiing ther arem hot.Mabe kinda bias as I was scoring one of them\1;)

Would you mind posting in English next time?

fricatus wrote: »
    Would you mind posting in English next time?

I was inebriated.Get over it!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

The store on 5th Avenue is very dark and noisy, but what I found really annoying was the way you can't just take things off the shelf to look at them. You have to ask a sales assistant to pass them out from the glass counter things and if it's busy there you end up having to wait just to get a look at something. The store down at South Street Seaport is much nicer - it's well lit and doesn't play deafening music and it's not as crowded. And there's a Guess shop nearby :p.

The store on 5th Avenue is very dark and noisy, but what I found really annoying was the way you can't just take things off the shelf to look at them. You have to ask a sales assistant to pass them out from the glass counter things and if it's busy there you end up having to wait just to get a look at something. The store down at South Street Seaport is much nicer - it's well lit and doesn't play deafening music and it's not as crowded. And there's a Guess shop nearby :p.

South street seaport is indeed very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Pythia wrote: »
    The thing I hate most about those stores is the horrible smell. They spray their perfume all around the shop. It gets so sickening.

Oh, I hate that too! You have to wash the clothes a couple of times before you wear it because the smell is so embedded in them. And then, when you get to the till they ask you if you've smelt the perfume. Obviously, it's been giving me a headache since I walked into the shop!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

US executives from A&F were in Ireland a few weeks ago looking for a shop. They're looking at Grafton Street and Dundrum at the moment, not sure about other places.

jdivision wrote: »
    US executives from A&F were in Ireland a few weeks ago looking for a shop. They're looking at Grafton Street and Dundrum at the moment, not sure about other places.

Doubt I would ever buy Abercrombie in Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

But you would in the States?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

As far as I can tell, the main reason why Abercrombie/ AE/ Hollister (and tbh they're all the same to me) is so popular with the South Dublin teenagers is precisely because it isn't available in Dublin, and because the clothing is so heavily branded, everybody knows where the item is from. The phenomenon is beyond my comprehension though; you can get a fabulous cashmere sweater in M&S for about the same price as one of their hoodies, and the cashmere would stand the test of time much better imo.

It's like twice the price over in England.So it will be expensive when it comes to Ireland.

Advertisement