Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sack jol

Options
  • 22-10-2007 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭

one win in ten games, 5 poxy defeats, i want him gone in the morning and take dawson, lee, taino, jenas, rocha and headless chicken fall over at the slightest sight of a defender 20 touches required robbie keane with him, gutless, overpaid, heartless spineless shower of wasters, sickening.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

Whatever about sacking jol maybe this defeat is the final straw. what annoys me is we're pinning everything on king coming back at some stage and things changing. The problem is we're leaking goals and have been for a long time and things don't seem to be getting any better as the season goes on so it does make me wonder what is actually been done to stop this. as for the robbie keane comments, if you take the goals away that he's scored for us this season we would be rock bottom of the league!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

mushykeogh wrote: »
    one win in ten games, 5 poxy defeats, i want him gone in the morning and take dawson, lee, taino, jenas, rocha and headless chicken fall over at the slightest sight of a defender 20 touches required robbie keane with him, gutless, overpaid, heartless spineless shower of wasters, sickening.

Out of order with the robbie keane qoute he is the only one who gives a damn and without his goals we would be far worse,do you expect him to keep them out a t the back aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Tonight was very disheartening - why try to play defence we simply cant. All 3 goals were preventable - Dawson fault of 2 and Jenas too scared to get in a block.

What's wrong with Ghaly at least he has bottle.
    Berbatov thinks he has a divine right to a game - he did fu all when he was on.
    Malbranque offers us nothing.
    Chimbonda has completely lost it - thinks he is a midfielder but cant defend.

Cant blame Cerny - nobody could stop goals with this defence.

We are definitely in the relegation battle because we leak goals.:mad:

I would get rid og Jol too - but i said it months ago. What's frustrating is the complete lack of balls these overpaid pric.. have.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

KingdomYid wrote: »
    Out of order with the robbie keane qoute he is the only one who gives a damn and without his goals we would be far worse,do you expect him to keep them out a t the back aswell.

Keane's untouchable status is out of order, started the season playing absolutely sh1t yet was he dropped?

Starting to perform now, but where was his performance against Sunderland or Everton?

galinka wrote:
    I would get rid og Jol too - but i said it months ago. What's frustrating is the complete lack of balls these overpaid pric.. have.

Staunton's reign as Ireland manager should show people that footballers need a coach who knows what he's doing, and can get his message across.

No point sending out lions if they're led by donkeys.

• Advertisement

Keane's untouchable status is out of order, started the season playing absolutely sh1t yet was he dropped?

Starting to perform now, but where was his performance against Sunderland or Everton?
    Today 22:36

He didn't play well in those games but he's improved since august and has started scoring goals and thats what your looking for. too bad its not the same for most other members of the team. berbatov annoys me more than anyone because he thinks he has a divine right to start every game. the attitude is wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

someone should tell chimbonda and kabule that they are defenders and not midfielders,
    tonight was painful to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭BERBA

If robbie spent less time on the late late show and more time on the training ground that would be a start.Berba on the bench.Jol has lost the plot , he has to go!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

I am at a loss as to what to say, I just can't believe watching my team last night that we were ever Even mentioned as top 4 candidates? A Friend who watched the game with me made the comment "how come the defense is so bad, didn't you have the same defense last year"? The answer is yes (besides Kabul) and we were sh1t last season as well, we got out of jail when King came back - we all saw it happen, why does anyone think this defense should perform any better than it did last year. I have been saying it all season and I am sick of saying it, we needed to spend the money on overhauling the defense last summer, instead we bring in one player Kabul (who thinks he is a midfielder). We have Bale playing LM, so we are left with Chimbo, Dawson, and Lee at the back, they weren't good last season, why should they be this? Tim was right last night, we need to get a Primus in, someone who is a REAL defender. The real worrying thing is, we desperately need a good defensive unit, but to add to that our midfield (besides Bale, who should be a defender anyway) is woeful, bad tackling, positioning, and vision. So we have a sh1t defense, sh1t midfield, and a multi million pound attacking force of Premadonna's and underachievers, so where does that leave us - Bottom half of the Fu<kin table thats where. The wheels are off the wagon lads, have been all season, but I have absolutely no idea what to do. If we sack Jol we have nobody to replace him, and what can a new manger do with Sh1t players anyway. I some people here will respond with the line, we have good players it is the coaching, sorry I am not buying that any more. The players have shown me on the field, they are not up for the job, and if you brought in Fergi tomorrow it will not change that.:mad:

I can't believe I have to say this...

Anyone who discounts the negative effect of the coaching (or lack thereof) at Spurs is missing a key cause of our current malaise.

What have Bolton lost since last year? Ben Haim, Allardyce and about 14 places in the league.

Chimbonda is not a bad right back, he was named in the PFA team of the year two seasons ago for f*cks sake! Michael Dawson has not suddenly turned into a clueless muppet (described by a Spurs-supporting colleague as worse than Titus Bramble on last night's evidence)...Kaboul at any club with a proper coaching system would blossom, be embraced as a raw talent who can be shaped into the type of player required...instead he's f*cked out of it for liking to get forward.

If people have not got that Jol expects his full backs to get forward (in the absence of real width from out midfield) by now they'll never get it. Slating Chimbonda for doing what his told is way off.

If we swapped managers with the Toon last night we'd have conceded nothing, because the team would function as a unit.

Our problem is in midfield, end of. The failure of any of our central options to win the second ball from defensive clearances piles pressure back on the back 4 and keeper...how can any of them regain their confidence with that sh1te in front of them?

Blackburn's defense on Saturday:

Emerton ,Samba ,Ooijer ,Warnock

None of them world class but all coached well and capable of doing the job required of them. More importantly they had Savage, Dunn and Tugay in the middle winning ball, annoying as f*ck as Savage can be he's a real dog of war.

Meanwhile we're pissing about with Jenas, Zokora and Tainio...:mad:

• Advertisement

I can't believe I have to say this...

Anyone who discounts the negative effect of the coaching (or lack thereof) at Spurs is missing a key cause of our current malaise.

What have Bolton lost since last year? Ben Haim, Allardyce and about 14 places in the league.

Chimbonda is not a bad right back, he was named in the PFA team of the year two seasons ago for f*cks sake! Michael Dawson has not suddenly turned into a clueless muppet (described by a Spurs-supporting colleague as worse than Titus Bramble on last night's evidence)...Kaboul at any club with a proper coaching system would blossom, be embraced as a raw talent who can be shaped into the type of player required...instead he's f*cked out of it for liking to get forward.

If people have not got that Jol expects his full backs to get forward (in the absence of real width from out midfield) by now they'll never get it. Slating Chimbonda for doing what his told is way off.

If we swapped managers with the Toon last night we'd have conceded nothing, because the team would function as a unit.

Our problem is in midfield, end of. The failure of any of our central options to win the second ball from defensive clearances piles pressure back on the back 4 and keeper...how can any of them regain their confidence with that sh1te in front of them?

Blackburn's defense on Saturday:

Emerton ,Samba ,Ooijer ,Warnock

None of them world class but all coached well and capable of doing the job required of them. More importantly they had Savage, Dunn and Tugay in the middle winning ball, annoying as f*ck as Savage can be he's a real dog of war.

Meanwhile we're pissing about with Jenas, Zokora and Tainio...:mad:

I agree that coaching would help! I haven't heard that Jol is asking Kabul, and Chimbo to get forward, I think that is of their own accord! (that is my problem with them) where did you hear they were being coached to do that? (that would be insanity in our current situation). I still do not believe Dawson and Chimbo are as good as you think they are, but I will concede if coached they could improve. As for the midfield:eek:

John W wrote: »
    I agree that coaching would help! I haven't heard that Jol is asking Kabul, and Chimbo to get forward, I think that is of their own accord! (that is my problem with them) where did you hear they were being coached to do that? (that would be insanity in our current situation). I still do not believe Dawson and Chimbo are as good as you think they are, but I will concede if coached they could improve. As for the midfield:eek:

Mate, I don't need telling, it's been obvious that Jol expects his full backs (whoever they may be) to make overlapping runs. Chimbonda gets wider on the right than any of our players, Lennon included.

Kaboul's ability on the ball should be embraced, but only if the coach and his assisstants can instruct the other players to fill in for him when he presses forward.

Do you see any evidence to suggest Jol:

(a) recognises the negative side of Kaboul pushing on and adapts the team to cope with that, or
    (b) tells him to get back into the back 4 where he wants him?

Can't have it both ways, Jol's job is to tell the players what he wants them to do...if they don't do it they should be dropped. He's been happy enough to play Gardner at CB before, why persist with Kaboul if he's not doing what the manager decrees?

Similar tale with Robbo and his punts, 2.5 years now you'd think Jol would have a word...if he doesn't want him doing it that is...

BERBA wrote: »
    If robbie spent less time on the late late show and more time on the training ground that would be a start.Berba on the bench.Jol has lost the plot , he has to go!!!!

The last time i heard spurs didn't train at half 9 on friday evenings BERBA and as for berbatov and as good as he is, he had to be asked to get up and warm up three times last night before he actually decided to get off his arse

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Berbs should have been on from the start, everyone knows this. Whatever about listening to the manager, Berbatov is a better player than Robbie.

Can't have it both ways, Jol's job is to tell the players what he wants them to do...if they don't do it they should be dropped. He's been happy enough to play Gardner at CB before, why persist with Kaboul if he's not doing what the manager decrees?

Similar tale with Robbo and his punts, 2.5 years now you'd think Jol would have a word...if he doesn't want him doing it that is...

You see, I think that is exactly it, I think the players are playing for themselves, I don't think Jol is able to exert any control over the way they are playing (Sh1te!). Kaboul and Chimbo's natural instinct is to get forward, these are not the kind of "defenders" we need right now. Anyway, bottom line is I think we are saying the same thing, it is just a matter of who is making them do what they do, either way the result is the same. If Jol is coaching them to do this, he deserves to go! If they are doing it because this is the way they like to play, and despite requests from the Manger, they still do it, obviously Jol has no control over his team, and must go! Bottom line is both scenarios seem to end in the same result for BMJ;) "Goodbye!"

We've got a shockin midfield full stop. the buck stops with the coach and he has to go!...these players are defo not being coached correctly.i mean what does chrissy hughton and hans segers do?.Hans segers goalkeeping coach?.he's not doing a very good job is he!.Bluffers!.get rid of current management team asap to salvage season.Get sparky mark hughes in , he'd get us organised as a team pronto!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Robbie Keane is keeping the man in his job.

Ringo,

Robbie keane missed out on valuable training on the sat morning because he was catching a poxy flight back to uk..thats my point!!!.Berbatov is a far better player than robbie keane and rightly should be in from the start. Don't understand why commoli bought bent??. Worse than the rebrov signing by the looks of it.

I completely agree with you berba that berbatov is a better player than keane. My point was that berbs didn't look bothered on monday night both on and off the pitch and it wasn't the attitude that, imo, any spurs fan would want to see from spurs players. And i thought that keane was heading straight back to london i wasn't aware that he missed training. I dont think he would have been allowed go if there was a chance of him missing training.

Couple of things:

1. Unless Robbie Keane has his own plane, or some phantom airline flies London-Dublin at midnight, he didn't travel back to London until Saturday at the earliest.

2. Who cares? Who knows when the players were expected in for training? They may have had Saturday morning off, and trained in the afternoon.

3. Slating Bent as the new Rebrov is way wide of the mark. First off Rebrov had a relatively good first season, considering who he played under and the fact he had to adapt to an alien football culture (do some research into the methods applied at Dynamo Kiev and you'll know why). Secondly, Bent has hardly been at the club a wet week, and he's been poorly manaed by Jol. His confidence is shot to pieces, give him a chance...I know that isn't quite the Tottenham way (it's never too early to c*nt a player off, even before he signs is fair game), but give it a try.

Last night's CL was illuminating, Jersey Joe Walcott played a blinder last night, scored two and made one...showed the benefit of great coaching and perseverance...how long before Spurs fans write off the Prinz? Would we settle for the time afforded to Walcott at Arsenal? Not in my opinion.

Expecting a player to shine immediately is naive at best, moronic at worst.

• Advertisement
Advertisement