Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

16s or 17s?

Options
  • 22-10-2007 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭

what wheel and tyre package wud be the best to get for a 2000 three door corolla? id like 2 get 17s but hav heard that carrying much in the back wud be a nightmare.........cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

1.4??

If you are planning on dropping the suspension go for 15's. On a small engine car general rule is you will lose alot of poke with bigger wheels. My corolla is perfect driving on 15's and cornering is excellent aswell. I wouldn't go bigger than that with mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭minzabud

yea its a 1.4..................how neccesary is dropping the suspension? is it just for looks or also performance and how much wud that cost roughly?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

If you go for a 16" or 17" alloy, you'll need a very low profile to keep the outside radius the same as the factory 14" steel wheels.
    When you put 16" alloys with a reasonable tyre profile around it, the outside radius of the wheel will be bigger, and your car will sit higher than usual, you'll need to lower it to get it normal looking again,

Advertisement