Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

They didint even try...

Options
  • 22-10-2007 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

How can we expect to get results if our players dont even put the effort in.As far as im concerned berbatov can F**k off,fare enough he should have been playing but his attitude is out of order.The following players were just pathetic and should not be wearing the lilywhite: Chimbonda,Jenas,Lee,Malbranque,Darren F**cking useless Bent and Tainio.
    These boys are just collecting their wage packets every week and couldnt really give a damn about the team at least robbie tries 100%,he had to shout at the rest of them to applaud the away fans at the end of the game,and man do these fans deserve applause.We may be 3rd bottom but our fans deserve to be top of the league.

Anyway got that off my chest
    Good Night

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Criticism of Bent is IMHO out of order.

Nothing's been done to help him adjust to the side, there's a whole lot of pressure on him to deliver and the coach and his team have fcuked his confidence up.

Get a new man in charge then let him have his fair share of starts, then judge him.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

I think bent looked worse than he actually was tonight him and keane didn't link up well but doesn't mean he's a bad player. i don't no how true it is that he was a commoli buy and jol didn't want him but if that is the case then its understandable that he's got f**k all confidence. any player needs a run in the team to show what they can do and he hasn't really got that. Still overpriced though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Spider_Baby!

Why did he bring on tainio for bent, i would've gone for lennon... is he still just recovering from injury?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

You can't blame bent, the guy has had no football all season and gets played with no midfield. I was watching someone on the wing for Spurs early on, wasn't a counterattack normal build up, and waiting for the cross in the box was 1 man - Bent with 3/4 defenders, Keane was on edge of box and no midfielder could be seen.

How we managed to score 1 goal tonight is a mystery. Out of 20 teams in the Premiership no team has 2 central midfielders who get forward less to help out the attack than Jenas and Zakora. Malbranque is a talentless championship level player, Tainio is a nothing player who is anything but a winger. Dawson is going to be recognised soon as the real player he is just like Robbo has been. He is directly responsible for as many goals cause his brain works 2 seconds too slow to be a top defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

New midfield in order, Bale, Berbs and Lennon are the only players who seem to know how to link a play. Jenas and Zokora can't hold a ball for sh*t. Bent waiting in the penalty area is useless unless someone can actually play a ball to him.

When the problem is the fact that we can't get a ball in to the strikers, the solution is NOT add more strikers.

I'd swap Berbs for Carrick. Having a top class attack is pointless unless they can get fed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Kold wrote: »
    New midfield in order, Bale, Berbs and Lennon are the only players who seem to know how to link a play. Jenas and Zokora can't hold a ball for sh*t. Bent waiting in the penalty area is useless unless someone can actually play a ball to him.

I am afraid the problem is, we need a new defense and a new midfield - yes this means lads, most of our team is Sh1t! Problem with that midfield (although I like the attacking concept) is, there is nobody to get stuck in, so if the midfield can't hold, that leaves our defense to do all the work, and we all know how well they do at that!:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

John W wrote: »
    I am afraid the problem is, we need a new defense and a new midfield - yes this means lads, most of our team is Sh1t! Problem with that midfield (although I like the attacking concept) is, there is nobody to get stuck in, so if the midfield can't hold, that leaves our defense to do all the work, and we all know how well they do at that!:confused:

True - overrun both in midfield and at the back.
    I'm beginning to revise my thinking on Robbo after this shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Shakka

Well Ledley is back in training and so hopefully he will be the required catalyst to shore up the defence soon (I hope)

Why didn't Jol take Jenas off last night. He was pants. Huddlestone should have replaced him in the first half. Lennon should have come on earlier also. And Tanio is no winger. My Mum has more pace than him.

I'm actually starting to get worried about the whole situation. If we can't sort ourselves out from the back forward, I can see us staying in the relegation zone for the foreseeable future.

I hate being a Spurs fan - it's too much like hard work.

Shakka.

PS. And to cap it all I lost a fiver to a Toon friend of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

I hope we all realise that King wont make the huge difference some think he will. 1 Player doesnt make a defence. Teams defend as a unit, which is something we have'nt done in a long long time. And when he does come back, he will take a good month to get back to anywhere near full fitness.

Im in such bad humour its not funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Hatch99 wrote: »
    I hope we all realise that King wont make the huge difference some think he will. 1 Player doesnt make a defence. Teams defend as a unit, which is something we have'nt done in a long long time. And when he does come back, he will take a good month to get back to anywhere near full fitness.

Im in such bad humour its not funny.

I would have to agree, I wish people would stop talking about King as if he were the Messiah. YES he will make a big difference, but it won't change the fact that we need to buy defenders in the transfer window. Unfortunately we need midfielder's also, but we can't buy a new team - I think if we can at least stop leaking goals we will do a lot better in the league standings. This has to be the priority!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

It will be good to have ledley back but i think we will then see how poor we can be in midfield. our midfield is too lightweight imho and its as much a problem as our leaky defence. ledley coming back won't make that big a difference i think unless we get some quality in central midfield. Record profits this year so mr. levy needs to get the cheque book out again

Advertisement