Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too good to go down?

Options
  • 22-10-2007 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

Football cliche, and like most cliches its a load of old bollox.

We are playing like a side destined for Championship football.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭RingoSpur

True at the moment. It sort of reminds me of a few west ham performances last season because many players dont seem bothered. But it will turn around i think. Game at the weekend is huge. I don't think a draw would be enough to save jol assuming he's there still, which i think he will be. Big performance needed we have to beat teams like blackburn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I hate to say sack the manager, but sack the manager.

And I would'nt go looking for some fancy dan either, Paul Jewell would be my choice for a rescue mission (speaking as an interested observer!).

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Either Jol will turn it around or someone else will. Spurs are destined for midtable mediocrity methinks. And maybe a European final.

But the end of the season I'm sure you'll look back at this thread and laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

I was reluctant to blame Jol all along but now i think it's time for him to go.he dosen't seem to hav a clue how to sort out the defence,and houghton can go with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Can't realistically see Spurs in a relegation scrap but they are shipping goals like a team heading for the trap door :eek:

There was only ever one outcome when the public got wind of Levy & co's trip to Spain to lure Ramos to the club - Jol should've walked there and then. He had (almost) the full support of the fans then, but that must be slipping away now. A fresh start is needed.

A UEFA Cup spot might be more attainable by actually winning it this year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

tippspur wrote: »
    I was reluctant to blame Jol all along but now i think it's time for him to go.he dosen't seem to hav a clue how to sort out the defence,and houghton can go with him.

I change in coaching staff may help, but I am really not sure. I really do believe that we just don't have quality defenders - and in kabul and Chimbonda and Bale, we don't actually have defenders - they all seem to want to play midfield, that should tell you something about our defence shoudn't it? Fix the defence and you will be a good way ahead to fixing the team, Get your cheque book out levy or kiss the premiership goodbye!;) Now for the midfield:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

A UEFA Cup spot might be more attainable by actually winning it this year.

Its looking that way alright! I defending Jol since the start of the season but as time goes on its getting harder to do... Its looking more and more like he will go.

I know we're in a spot of trouble at the mo, still in a regulation spot but I just can't see us getting regulated come the end of the season. I just hope we turn it around soon :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

Whether its right or wrong at this stage Jol has to go. The players need to be shaken up and with the position that the board have put Jol in he can't do it. Its probably change for the sake of change but tbh I can't see any other way of out the mire at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

my only fear is that if we drop Jol, then what ...knowing us we will make some knee jerk reaction and put someone in who will be worse ...

I just don't have the confidence in the board to make the right decision or do the right thing...

At the end of the day, we know Jol's going, Jol know's he's going, the board know he's going ...just do it ...

maybe bring Clive Allen or Alex Inglethorpe up to run the 1st team in the interval, but then get someone in with a bit of pedigree who can organise the team and make the changes we all know should be happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭John W

Robxxx7 wrote: »
    maybe bring Clive Allen or Alex Inglethorpe up to run the 1st team in the interval, but then get someone in with a bit of pedigree who can organise the team and make the changes we all know should be happening

My only fear would be what would happen while Allen or Inglethorp are in charge, we could go into serious freefall, and by the time a "real manager" comes in, he may not be in a salvageable position!:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Football cliche, and like most cliches its a load of old bollox.

We are playing like a side destined for Championship football.

Spot on Ronan - we are too good to go down my ar.. We are gutless and spineless.

Advertisement