Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Those Little Things that Annoy You

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,915 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Women who drive big BMWs or SUVs etc and can't drive or park for ****e!! GRRRRRRRR!!!! Nothing worse than trying to find a parking spot in a crowded shopping centre and some stupid wagon has parked her land rover diagonally across 3 SPACES!!! BTW, I'm a woman so not being sexist! :D

When ur in the bank and the queue is really long and there's some old dear who waits until she gets to the teller to start filling in her lodgement slips!! And she's had like 20 minutes to do it! Then they turn around to the teller and start asking for all their change in singles and such! Really grinds my gears!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I dont know if this has been said or not, but i hate when people cut corners when driving. Last night for example i was waiting to take a right turn out of my estate and a women driving a big ****er of a landrover, turns right into the estate, and i'm not joking, she got within half an inch of taking the front off my car! And she was clueless, just kept on driving, ARGH!
    (rant over)
    Alan,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

when irish people are all anti british and yet they support clubs like chelsea and celtic etc

like this guy.... wtf?

http://bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=374480496

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Ickle Magoo

Bad/dangerous driving, bad parking, inconsiderate drivers, etc, etc really bug the crap out of me...:mad:

I don't like inconsiderateness & rudeness in general tbh...

People who think they are smart & funny & fail miserably in both camps would be a close third...:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

*Deep breath*

Driving:
    - People who don't indicate on roundabouts...or in general...mostly on roundabouts though.
    - People who tailgate.
    - People who drive too fast/too slow.
    - SUVs: pointless in urban settings, where they mostly are.
    - The length of time it takes for my front windscreen to de-fog in the mornings.
    - People who are driving on *your* side of the road because there are cars parked on their side and expect *you* to wait and refuse to pull in for you (I make a point of driving on *my* side of the road and forcing them to pull in/reverse until they can :p)
    - People who are impatient with learner drivers: everyone's been one at some stage.
    - People who force their way out into traffic. Usually taxi/van drivers. But I won't generalise.

Shops
    - Queue skippers
    - Things not being where they say there are. E.g. I was looking for cotton wool in Tescos a few weeks ago. It was not in the aisle that had a sign saying 'Cotton Wool'. Frantic search ensues. :mad:
    - Rude assistants. I always make a point of trying to be nice but you could meet me halfway and pretend like you give a damn.

Banks
    - In general. Thieving corporations.
    - When I'm filling out lodgement/withdrawal/whatever forms and someone skips ahead of me. That *really* gets to me.

Miscellaneous
    - Poor spelling, punctuation and/or grammar. Again, I can understand typos and mistakes, but 'I seen it' or 'I done it' is just an example of tardiness.
    - Carrying on from above, 'txtspk' irks me. I refuse to use it. Even in text messages. There are 26 suffering letters of the English alphabet. Let's utilise them!
    - The fact that I have a 31' leg and therefore the standard jeans' lengths of 30' and 32' do not suffice. The former shows too much shoe and the latter invariably gets ripped at the ends eventually. *Sigh*
    - The bottom of my jeans getting wet in the rain and the fact that due to capillary action this rises to my mid-calf. Infuriating.
    - The apathetic nature of so many people who will then insist on their right to complain and yet never do anything about which they are complaining.
    - Over-enthusiastic chuggers: the annoying kind. I am in a charity organisation and I know what it's like to stand on a street with a bucket. But there's collecting and then there's just plain irritating, and a fine line between the two.
    - Girls who wear too much make-up (and especially fake tan) and just make too much of an effort with their appearance in general. Like, really, is there a need? Go get a hobby instead.
    - People who aren't involved in things and then question why I am involved and why I care. Ffs, if I and others who do don't, then who will?!
    - Spam.
    - People not from Limerick slagging off Limerick. Indeed, people from Limerick slagging off Limerick: it only fuels the stereotyping.
    - People who *need* to get drunk to enjoy a night out and who can't understand sobriety in a club. Grow up.
    - The inherent anti-Britishness in some Irish people and the robust republicanism that still exists and neglects the view that peace > 32 counties.

Emmm...I know there's plenty more. But I think that's enough for now. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

When you're in the library around the time when exams are starting and essay deadlines are looming and everyone's talking. I especially despise the people who have the cheek to answer their phones. I also hate when you tell these people that there are free discussion rooms for talking in and this is a silent area and they just glare at you and keep on talking. You're so bloody ignorant!

Spots.

The sore-under-the-skin ones are worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭justcallmetex

tailgating, ever notice it's always a VW Passat TDI

emmerdale, corrie, eastenders and fair city in that exact order!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

Dr. Cox wrote:
    I suppose I could riff a list of things that I care as little about as our last week together. Let me see... low carb diets, Michael Moore, the Republican National Convention, Kabbalah and all Kabbalah-related products, Hi-Def TV, the Bush daughters, wireless hotspots, the OC, the UN, recycling, getting Punk'd, Danny Gans, the Latin Grammys, the real Grammys, Jeff that Wiggle that sleeps too darn much, the Yankees' payroll, all the red states, all the blue states, every hybrid car, every talk show host, everything on the planet, everything in the solar system, everything, everything, everything, everything, everything, everything, every-everything that exists, past, present, and future, in all discovered and undiscovered dimensions! [pause] Oh, and Hugh Jackman.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭clawsthefirst

People who eat popcorn at the cinema really, really loudly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I hate poop buddies. What in the name of god makes guys want to take the cubicle next to an occupied one to take a crap? I was in work early this morning and only had time to log in before heading to the jacks for a big Guinness ****. The bathroom was empty so I went to the far end and took the second last cubicle. Within two minutes there was guys in the cubicles either side of me. 3 people in the bathroom, 3 cubicles taken, 3 poop buddies. FFS lads - the rules of urinal etiquette apply to cubicles too!

There also seems to be a growing number of guys who choose to wash their hands in the middle sink (there are 3). I wouldn't do that even if the other two were being used ffs.

I love people who are good at bathroom mathematics too. 7 cubicles, 7 urinals, 3 sinks and 2 hand dryers. Because that's where we want to be stuck in a queue…….

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Paddy Dignam

So, what are those things that annoy you..

For me, one of the ones has to be the fact that I'm a student, but more or less have a full time job (nearly 30hours a week) to pay myself through college. And knowing that people getting the grant probably earn more than I do (when my bills and rent are taken away).

The thing that annoyed me for a while was the cliqueshness of this site and the clowns who have 1,000 + posts on it.

During the summer I started a thread with a very similar title to this one and I was subject to a tirade of abuse because I was new!!!

So f**k youse all!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

The thing that annoyed me for a while was the cliqueshness of this site and the clowns who have 1,000 + posts on it.

During the summer I started a thread with a very similar title to this one and I was subject to a tirade of abuse because I was new!!!

So f**k youse all!!!!
    STFU n00b!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,240 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Toilet threads, like the one that is running on AH now. It should be flushed! Didn't their Yor Ma train them to do that when finished? Makes me want to jump in my Atari Jag and speed off to buy somemore cheese at the market along with a Hallmark Xmas card. But no way would I be tempted to have a cup of Star*ucks... that would be going way too far!

STFU n00b!!

And you don't even have 1,000 posts yet!!

Btw, I hate nob ends that use undecipherable language when replying to posts!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

What did I just tell you?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

People who bitch about Fianna Fail, but forget that the oppostion only promised "we'll do it better" and "it's time for change", but never said how they'd do it... any differently...

What did I just tell you?

It annoys me when people use language that I don't understand!

Apologies if I offended you. I just don't have a clue what you said!

St Patricks Athletic
    Dorgheda Utd
    Bohemians
    Cork City
    Shamrock Rovers
    Derry City
    Galway Utd
    Bray Wanderers
    UCD
    Waterford Utd
    Longford Town

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Christmas is a little thing that annoys me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

I hate when you are staying in a hotel and they dont leave enough towels.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

Quality wrote: »
    I hate when you are staying in a hotel and they dont leave enough towels.

how many towels is enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

when i get a kit kat and its broken
    when i get sweets that are nearly all the same flavour
    when u dont look at what your doing and use conditioner before shampo.....such a wash of time!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

People who spend more than 30 seconds at an ATM.
    I often seem to be stuck behind what appears to be first-time users.

ATMs should have a bell / buzzer that sounds if a transaction is taking an excessive length of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭bongi69

gonna go political.
    To be totally honest, Bertie hasn't been that bad has he? Look at where we are now compared to where we were when he came to power. Yeah sure somethings are in disarray, eg. the health service. But anytime myself or a family member has been in a hospital, it has been a good experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Seeing as we are in the Xmas spirit heres some Xmas pet hates I have:

-Buying Christmas clothes. I just dont see the point / I couldnt be bothered.
    -Christmas film cliches - how its always seems to be snowing in Xmas films, how when the kid looks up to the sky, theres a shooting star, how theres always a baddie and a happy ending. Boring.

Other than that:

-People who flash me when I safely and legitimetly overtake them
    -Incompetent, didering drivers
    -Shops that have tags on items saying "Only £49.99", despite £49.99 being a rip off
    -Queues
    -Rain after washing the car a few hours earlier.
    -Forgetting to turn on the electric blanket before bed
    -When I lose my keys that I could have sworn I left on the table. And when I think to myself, aha, I think I left them in the Kitchen press, then go to find them not there either.Argh!
    -When I record a TV program on my 1980's VHS, and the recording cuts off before the program ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

danny dyer

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

Dont know if this still happens ,but back in the day (early 90ies) ,You would be in the pub and these girls come up with concession tickets for some night club miles away.

So u get in the taxi go to night club ,only to be told your not a regluar now please f**koff.

Used to do my nut and wallet in.

longshanks wrote: »
    danny dyer

So true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

People from the southside and emo kids who talk in american accents and use too many american words.

Advertisement