Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is it with people who play music through their crappy phone speakers on buses

• 22-10-2007 11:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,059 ✭✭✭✭

Ok recently taking the 25A home in the afternoons and have noticed something that pisses me off, couple of weeks ok these black school kids get on and has songs noisely out of the phone much to the annoyance of other passengers, this has happened for the last couple of weeks not every day but most days. Last Thursday it was trackie Irish girls turn to do the same thing and then today there was a Turkish/Romanian Girl blasting ethnic Pop out of her phone and downstairs there was a one eyed china man doing the same thing? Do they do it to impress their mates or to upset everyone else? Why don't they just stick the headphones in? Dublin Bus should outlaw it.
    Is this a Lucan thing or does it happen elsewhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

yeah that annoys me. It's always schoolkids though. Just stab them in the face and move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Malteaser!

It happens everywhere.

Very annoying, I'd say they're doing it to upset everyone else and just make as much noise/disturbance as possible!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

I want to kick them in the face. Under my umberella ELLA ELLA ELLA AY AY AY

Ahhhhh!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Anyone ever think of politely asking them to turn it off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

It's the younger set that do it (and not only Dublin). It is very annoying though. I also find it incredibly annoying when people carry on long winded and loud conversations on the bus. So much so, that I am seriously considering buying a phone jammer, and switching it on when I get on the bus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Yes, but I've thought about politely being stabbed as a consequence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Orange69

A good technique is to take the phone and insert it into them.

That usually sorts the situation out nicely..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Maybe they are like dogs that pee on all the bushes as they walk about declaring their territory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

thats one of many reasons that i don't get the bus anymore. Train ftw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Oh this is a big pet hate of mine (along with girls wearing pyjamas in the shopping centre).. Ive asked a couple of times would the person use a set of headphones instead of blasting their music but each time they shrug at me to indicate they dont speak english so I do have to point at my own headphones and point at their mobile.. They still just stare at me blankly and continue blasting their music

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭coolhandc

gazzer wrote: »
    Oh this is a big pet hate of mine (along with girls wearing pyjamas in the shopping centre).. Ive asked a couple of times would the person use a set of headphones instead of blasting their music but each time they shrug at me to indicate they dont speak english so I do have to point at my own headphones and point at their mobile.. They still just stare at me blankly and continue blasting their music

yeh dey only speak english wen it suits them!it is very very annoying though.were can you buy these phone jammers?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

hate these little feckers, always listening to some sh1te, I've also asked them to turn them off on occassion but have found a less polite approach to be far more productive / creates more risk of being stabbed.

have decided to completely boycott nokia as a result they seem intent on producing these nuisance devices which have no good reason to exist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭TheVan

Its a knack thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,778 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

no idea what you're talking about, but then again i wouldnt be seen dead on a bus :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

growler wrote: »
    hate these little feckers, always listening to some sh1te, I've also asked them to turn them off on occassion but have found a less polite approach to be far more productive / creates more risk of being stabbed.

have decided to completely boycott nokia as a result they seem intent on producing these nuisance devices which have no good reason to exist.
    Clearly Nokia are the only ones that allow music to be played thru ones mobile :rolleyes:

I wonder what those SE Walkman phones are all about...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

They're kids. Kids do stuff like that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Nuttzz wrote: »
    no idea what you're talking about, but then again i wouldnt be seen dead on a bus :D

It would be a bit odd in fairness seeing a corpse on a bus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭4Xcut

Terry wrote: »
    Anyone ever think of politely asking them to turn it off?

Have done it twice. Resulted in a turning off and then turning back on. Tbh, the driver should have just kicked them off the bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭Dinxminx

DaveMcG wrote: »
    It's always schoolkids though. Just stab them in the face and move on.

LMAO :D

Seconded. It is rather brutally annoying..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I like to do this in mass. A bit of Run DMC goes a long way to making the gospel a bit more interesting.

When someone asks me to turn the music off/down I say:

Weeeaaaa, whats yore bleedin problem man??? Its a bleedin free countery de last toyim I checked!! Yore only mad jelous of my rapih fone!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Stephen P

Don't get me started on things that irritate me on the bus. :mad:
    The driver should tell them to knock it off!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

I once sat beside this chap with Downs syndrome on the 75, he had a fairly sizeable sheet of bubble wrap and kept popping it intermittently for the duration of the journey...very annoying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Corega wrote: »
    I once sat beside this chap with Downs syndrome on the 75, he had a fairly sizeable sheet of bubble wrap and kept popping it intermittently for the duration of the journey...very annoying.

Ah, you were just jealous you couldn't pop it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

Corega wrote: »

I shouldnt be laughing at that...

As for the school kids ,the 39 is riddled with this kind of vermin. Due to their number's and the pack mentality they develop when surrounded by their own kind I tend just to stick in my headphones and try my best to pretend I'm elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭elambra

Over here in Germany it's much the same, although the black & turkish kids play their hop-hop crap cos they think they are african-americans or 'urban', or whatever. The white kids play banging trance. either way, it's quite annoying to hear tinny high pass filtered tickity click crap, they must be doing it for attention..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

jaysus, is this not the 3rd thread on this topic in about 6 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭Hellm0

faceman wrote: »
    jaysus, is this not the 3rd thread on this topic in about 6 months?

Dont know but the above is a post I've seen a few hundred times before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

Hellm0 wrote: »
    Dont know but the above is a post I've seen a few hundred times before.

Boards.ie

Now you're having deja vu!

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭james123

one of my pet hates the 69 bus is full of them asked them politely turned it off for a while then kept turning it on behind my back dic*head. Then on a packed luas the other day some guy puts on a hard face and starts playing that umbrella song and others of lower quality everyone cringing, was the guy some sort of Tard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

4Xcut wrote: »
    Have done it twice. Resulted in a turning off and then turning back on. Tbh, the driver should have just kicked them off the bus.

It'd be great if they had say a regular plain clothed inspector who would take the phones off them, and stamp on them, or just leave them with the driver. Or maybe the driver could blast out some Foster & Allen around the bus to drown out the tasteless muck from the mobiles, while returning the favour to their ears.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

there was some fúckin tard walking around sandyford today with dance music playing on his mobile phone.

does he not realise he looks like a complete cóck?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

start a thread about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

kaimera wrote: »
    Clearly Nokia are the only ones that allow music to be played thru ones mobile :rolleyes:

I wonder what those SE Walkman phones are all about...

Well it’s not supposed to be taken literally, he's referring to all manufacturers of modern mobile products.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

Argh.. I absolutely hate this too. And it's always some cr*p like Dj Cammy (IN DA HOUSE) They don't seem to care they look like complete fools. They think it makes them look "hard" and "cool" ... Turds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

as someone said it's a knack thing

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Lynibeth wrote: »
    Argh.. I absolutely hate this too. And it's always some cr*p like Dj Cammy (IN DA HOUSE) They don't seem to care they look like complete fools. They think it makes them look "hard" and "cool" ... Turds

Have you seen the haircuts on alot of these little pricks too?Bleached mullets with bits sticking up on top,they look like woofters and they dont realise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I just turn my iPod up, simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Was on the LUAS yesterday and some kid was that stupid Journey song on his phone. Never really use public transport so I was a little bemused as to why he was doing it. Then I saw this thread and it now makes sense....kinda

Corega wrote:
    Haha! That's brilliant! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

Dublin Bus should outlaw it.

Already is illegal.

It'd be great if they had say a regular plain clothed inspector who would take the phones off them, and stamp on them, or just leave them with the driver.

Grow a pair and do it yourself. The windows on buses are a perfect size for dropping small electronic items out of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

Luckily i dont live in dublin anymore, nor do i need public transport. but if if i'm ever on a bus in the future when it does happen, i'll simply pop out my SE walkman phone, plug in the portable speakers (which sound very good and loud for their size) sit behind the offenders and blast some sikth and meshuggah their way.

try and be louder than that you ****ing knackers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

have seen this type of thing on a train in england a year or two back

the guy was white, about 18 and had his kalven klien underwear on show as much as possible while still wearing pants(think he had no top on because it was hot), had his phone making as much noise as posible, biggest attention seeking plonker i've ever seen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

This is happening more and more in Galway and seriously I am going to kill someone someday...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭TheThing!

Since when doesn being polite work when you are dealing with ignorance in its purest form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

badly recorded chipmunk dance music playing scobes, they're everywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

BaZmO* wrote: »
    and some kid was that stupid Journey song on his phone.

Take that back! That song kicks ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 503 ✭✭✭OMcGovern

Ok recently taking the 25A home in the afternoons and have noticed something that pisses me off, couple of weeks ok these black school kids get on and has songs noisely out of the phone much to the annoyance of other passengers,

Yeah, on the 25A in the mornings there's a little shit of black kid... sits on his own, and plays rap music on his phone. The same song
    over and over again. He can't be older than 10 I reckon. Last week two Irish teenagers, each about a foot taller than him, told him to turn off that music when they were all getting off at Woodies.
    The eejit didn't turn off his music, and they said "Wait till you get off the bus".

I hope the little shit got a well deserved beating.
    Although being black, the fecker probably didn't.
    A white Irish kid would've got an unmerciful kicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Happens on the DART too. The most annoying thing is when they start playing various versions of the frog ring tone - have asked people to stop before. I am selective as to who I ask not to though, cos after asking someone not to smoke on the DART some months back, I got verbally attacked, to the point where I was scared for my own safety.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

alleepally wrote: »
    I also find it incredibly annoying when people carry on long winded and loud conversations on the bus. So much so, that I am seriously considering buying a phone jammer, and switching it on when I get on the bus.

I take the 19A and a few weeks ago, heard a girl getting angry on the phone because the person "didnt get her yolks, how am I supposed to get some now?" She made no effort to be discreet! I've a friend who does the same thing and talks to her bf on the phone and the whole bus can hear her!

I hate having to listen to someone elses music on the bus and crap ringtones that schoolkids play to each other! I def wouldnt ave the b@lls to ask them to turn it off though! :p

Advertisement