Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stairview/NTL boxes

• 22-10-2007 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Does anybody know anything about Starview Boxes”, one of guys I work with is try to sell to me.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

The allow for "other" digital platforms to be viewed without paying direct.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I think its fair to say that any comment elaborating on what these do will be deleted. I'd say just lock the thread now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭brigadear

Yeah I know what they do, but I would have thought they are illegal, he said he bought his legit through ebay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

brigadear wrote: »
    Yeah I know what they do, but I would have thought they are illegal, he said he bought his legit through ebay.

ROFFLE.

http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1990/en/act/pub/0024/sec0009.html#zza24y1990s9
    They're illegal.

Apparently, they still work despite NTL trying to block them... apparently. Google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭ciaran76

brigadear wrote: »
    Does anybody know anything about Starview Boxes”, one of guys I work with is try to sell to me.

It is illegal to use them I believe. Also I know in the Tech forum its its banned to talk about them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

What's this got to do with Dublin 15 in any case? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement