Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

main dealers

Options
  • 22-10-2007 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

went into a main dealer ford as i have often dealt with the head of sales, a family member has a 13 vetra saloon mint 1 owner, + 4k in cash and fancied a focus, i was told i would get a call in 1 hour, but that the vetra would not be a great car for them to take in still no call back 13 hours later.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

<sarcasm>terrible altogether like customers who promise they buy caar and then dont or tell stories about car having no damage and then it has</sarcasm>

Bottom line, buying cars is no different to buying TV's. You get asshole customers and asshole salespeople. That's life. What never fails to amaze me are the people who keep returning to the bad places, and expect moaning to change the attitudes there, if someone doesn't want your money in the first place, why go back there/complain in the hopes of changing their mind and closing the deal? Wouldn't you rather go somewhere else?

The subject title is also bizarre, this is something that happens in every retail sector, everywhere in the country. It's hardly unique to Main Dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Oh, you're bound to say that Ned !

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Oh, you're bound to say that Ned !

Shock Horror ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What is a 13 vetra, anyway? Sounds a bit sale-proof to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Whatever a 13 Vetra is I'd say the garage just doesn't want to have the hassle of selling it on. So they saved themselves the money of calling you to say they don't want it. As Ned78 says spend your money else where. And if you ever want to buy a new car for cash. Walk in ask all about it, then walk away and buy somewhere else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I presume the OP is talking about a 2003 Vectra.

Unfortunately the Vectra is unloved and are pretty tough enough to shift second hand. I should know I had one a few years ago and trying to get a garage to take it as a trade-in was almost impossible.

Without defending the dealer in question, the Focus sells quite easily and he can probably afford to be choosy about the trade-in or simply got a better offer. Saying that there is no excuse for poor service. They could simply have just rang back and say that they don't want the Vectra or the Focus was sold.

Advertisement