Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

gone and done it now.......

Options
  • 23-10-2007 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭

:D

Ok, been battling with the new smaller car vs the bigger older car thing for the last few weeks, and finally came to a conclusion, found the right car.

Last Thursday, up at 4 am, train to Dub, Luas across, Dart to location. See, smell, drive.............oooh, I just love 'retail therapy' :D (see girls, we know how to do it too;) )
    Didn't respond right then, needed to talk to the SO, and make sure it was exactly what I wanted - it ticked all bar one box, but buying secondhand sometimes that's as good as it gets........
    Dart back to Connolly, Luas to Heuston, Irish Rail back West..........mmm

Friday, phoned garage, did the deal, lunchtime transferred the money, arranged insurance.
    Sat, up at 6, train East at 7 to Heuston, Luas to Connolly.......and, yes, Dart Connolly - Howth. See, try, buy.

Car came with a complete set of 4 spare alloys c/w tyres, so took some judicious packing to get them all in, but I did.

Then, fill her up with go-go juice, tootle across the M50 to the Mad Cow - frick me, they ain't joking - quick visit to Bikeworld, and an attempt to visit Dublin H-D, but no parking (are they for real???), meant I didn't even get out of the car...........and set the nose for All Points West.

Home by 5. Life is good, car pinging nicely in the drive. I am Happy Bunny.

Oh, I'm sorry.........did I not tell what it was ?? Tut Tut, silly me....:rolleyes:

968.JPG

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Is that a spoiler on the back I see? Congrats and enjoy nice buy. Where do the kids go? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Brilliant story, and a cracking car GalwayTT, we must really have a boards car meetup in the new year, and if we do, I'd say your new baby will have some admirers. I'll be first to drool over it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Well done!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Nice! Enjoy.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Lovely motor. :)

I'm still trying to work out how you got 4 spare alloys home in it though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Yeah nice........................enjoy !

Post up some more photos please !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭The Novacastrian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

That's an absolutely stunning motor...well done!!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,727 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

nice one!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

PauloMN wrote: »
    Lovely motor. :)

I'm still trying to work out how you got 4 spare alloys home in it though!

not as hard as you think....... :D

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

Nice car , enjoy - somehow I thought you had an aversion to 80's style interiors though?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭mkdon05

galwaytt wrote: »
    not as hard as you think....... :D

I thought cars usually run on 4 wheels:D:D

Sweet motor!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Dodgy Geezer...Nice Motor:D well wear with it, Galwaytt. Imterior looks fantastic.

kdevitt wrote: »
    Nice car , enjoy - somehow I thought you had an aversion to 80's style interiors though?? :D

yes indeedy, but one does what one can :rolleyes: - at least leather is standard in this not like that OTHER brand......;)...........Alfa GT is just too new for , and too far to go on depreciation yet.........but will try one, later.........

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Sweet! How much did it set you back?

I'll try and convince myself I need one too :D

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Nice car, I'm so jealous!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Lovely car and you do have a very good way with words. Well written post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

ned78 wrote: »
    Brilliant story, and a cracking car GalwayTT, we must really have a boards car meetup in the new year, and if we do, I'd say your new baby will have some admirers. I'll be first to drool over it!

Must make sure i don't go to that one...i'd say my poor mundano will be like a crow in the middle of a flock of peacocks!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Nice one. Smashing looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Nice motor , although I dont know if id be brave enough to drive a purple car:D

• Advertisement

Barr wrote: »

...that's exactly how I feel about grey - sorry, "silver" :rolleyes: - cars .....:D

Ode To The Motorist

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

I had a purple car once......................drew lots of positive comments from male and female and I loved it !

DSCF0024.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

Barr wrote: »

thats just sad !

So men can't drive :

yellow cars, pink cars, any convertibles, most small cars and now purple cars?

What would you think if you saw a guy driving a purple MPV jammed to the the doors with wife chizlers and a mut? "That guy's obviously gay look at the colour of that car he's driving" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

That's a class car!

The 944/968 was quickly forgotten but is still renowned as one of the best handling cars of all time.

Plus it combined 'hot-hatch' versatility in a 'semi'-supercar package.

I prefer these to the 911-wannabe Boxter...

Advertisement