Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kit me out

Options
  • 23-10-2007 2:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭

Ok I am being a bit lazy here but I'd appreciate advice from mtb users who have used or could recommend me some products.

On my wishlist is...

A new winter jacket, not neccessarily overboard on insulation and monsoon proof water resistance, just a happy medium which will block out the worse of the elements and repell a few light showers. Anything heavier than a few showers I accept I'll get wet and if I get too cold I'll just cycle faster. Looking for a light weight "warm" jacket as opposed to a heavey weight sauna.

Decent weather proof front light, the torch type at actually enables you to see ahead of you as opposed to flashing leds designed to make you visible to cars. Reasons for this type of light is that I might get caught in poorly lit areas (outside of city / very vew street lights) making my way home as the days get shorter. Something with a good battery life would be nice but I usually carry spare rechargeables anyway.

I'm also looking for a good set of mtb gloves. There are so many to choose from, all offering different things. Some are water proof and warm, some have wrist / carbon knuckle protection but aren't designed to be either warm or waterproof. I'm leaning towards protection over comfort. Any recommendations?

Last but not least, a good off road lid. I don't like the trendy mad shaped funky multicoloured type helmets so something functional and understated will do nicely.

I don't really need shoes as my pedals grip great on ordinary runners but if you can recommend a reasonably priced set of waterproof / warm shoes / boot that I can walk in for a bit too I'll probably pick them up too.

Some items I've been looking at.........

Jackets:
    Jacket

Jacket 2

Jacket3

Helmets:
    Helmet

helmet2

Helmet 3

I also seen THIS backpack which claims to have built in armour protection. Any of you have any experience of it?

p.s. you can get a whole £0.02 (2 pence) off a lot of sale products on chainreactions, Hurry Hurry Hurry :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

I have a Night Vision jacket (your third link) and it is certainly very visible indeed. Quite hot although it does have vents you can open on the sides.

Advertisement