Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Went to the Seahawks vs Rams: 33 - 6

Options
  • 23-10-2007 7:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm in Seattle at the moment on business, decided last minute to check out a football game to see what the fuss was all about. So I headed to Qwest Field and found a scalper.

I have to say, not really knowing what to expect, I really got into the game. I have a rough idea of the rules but there was alot of ref decisions that I didn't understand. Is there somewhere that I can see the rules in detail? A good site perhaps? I know I could google it, but I'd prefer if one of you experienced guys pointed me towards one.

I was surprised at how entertaining the experience was. So much chanting, the mascot running around, gorgeous cheerleaders, brass band, fun games to play in between quarters on the large screens.

Here's some pictures I took, although you can't see much....

21102007297.jpg?imgmax=576
    21102007299.jpg?imgmax=576
    21102007304.jpg?imgmax=576

I can see myself getting really into the sport, hopefully I'll be around this board more!

[EDIT]I see there is a sticky with the rules!![\EDIT]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

What were the cheerleaders like? :D

Taking in a Chiefs game is definitely high on my 'Things To Do' list. I've been to baseball before and love the idea of three hour or so games fuelled with alcohol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭EARMUFFS

You lucky man! Qwest looks amazing and it is definitely on my to do list. Pity the Rams were so abjectly awful but at least you got to see the Seahawks defense performing at last. Being an armchair seahawks fan myself i can only hope to get there some day. Couple of questions? How far is the ground from the city centre and what were the chants? Can never hear them on the tv!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭giddyup

Wicked - I was at the first game of the season in Qwest Field - the noise was crazy - and the smell of garlic everywhere from the food stands made my eyes water - and the sight of the cheerleaders ultimately led to the loss of other bodily fluids but the less said about that the better.:) Great experience. Hope to get to another game or two before the season is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Qwest is an amazing stadium and its one that I'd love to see a game at. I like to see the seahawks do well, so for sure a seattle game is on the cards for me if I ever get there on my travels..........

Advertisement