Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is this lad Irish?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

sure as hell sounds Irish. Doubt he could be any other nationality with a name like that! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

well he is down as being english - but i assume his parents or grandparents are Irish.
    someone to monitor id say

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_O%27Toole_%28footballer%29

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yeah he's described as a "local lad" on the official Watford page but he must have some Irish in him. Sounds like someone straight out of 'Into The West'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Yeah he's described as a "local lad" on the official Watford page but he must have some Irish in him. Sounds like someone straight out of 'Into The West'.

Does he have a brother called Tayto, boss ?

Hopefully the new manager will keep an eye on him :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭smcelhinney

jobonar wrote: »
    sure as hell sounds Irish. Doubt he could be any other nationality with a name like that! :D

Would have said the same about Benny McCarthy :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Must be irish, what english family would call there son John-Joe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

Would have said the same about Benny McCarthy :D
    Maybe we missed out on him... Where else in the world would some poor bloke be cursed with a name like John-Joe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭One Cold Hand

He sounds so irish that he probably isn't! He's probably American!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,426 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jameshayes wrote: »
    Must be irish, what english family would call there son John-Joe?

there is a lad playing for the english team in the victory shield called John Joe - didn't catch his second name - Shelby i think.

EDIT: Never mind, his name (according to wikipedia) is Jonjo Shelvey (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Victory_Shield_2007-08)

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭robz150

His Profile on the Watford website shows (as the name suggests) his nationality is Irish*:).

*Republic Of Ireland to be more precise as I believe we have to be nowadays according to FIFA.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

robz150 wrote: »
    His Profile on the Watford website shows (as the name suggests) his nationality is Irish*:).

*Republic Of Ireland to be more precise as I believe we have to be nowadays according to FIFA.
    Yeh they changed his profile nationality to Irish and apparantly he definitely regards himself as Irish. Most likely be in the next U21 squad.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

John-Joe, ahahaha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I wonder was the change to Irish a ninja edit from someone on the boards here ;)

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Yeh they changed his profile nationality to Irish and apparantly he definitely regards himself as Irish. Most likely be in the next U21 squad.

Happy days , boss :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Nice one !
    He was dropped for Watford in last nights game though.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭tetsujin1979

Sizzler wrote: »
    Nice one !
    He was dropped for Watford in last nights game though.

Came on in the last few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

born in 1988!!!

my dream is dead, I'm so past it.

Advertisement