Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countries on Awstats

Options
  • 23-10-2007 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭

If I view the stats for my site using awstats the country list is wrong. It says that only visitors from US and Ireland have visited. Even though in the hosts top 10 there are countries other than those two. In fact sometimes when all hosts are Irish IP addresses it will list the sole country as US.

Is the geoipfree plugin in need of updating?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Hi Ya,

The geoipfree plugin isn't really used even though its enabled. Due to the sheer _volume_ of logs that need to be processed every night (50m lines of logs approx) we've got apache doing the reverse look ups on the IPs as they connect. So awstats is using the tld of the hostname to decided what country the connections are from. This isn't totally efficient, but it's the only real way to process this amount of data.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

But but but.... I want lots of pretty flags on my stats page!!!;)

Fair enough. Just thought I'd flag it.

Advertisement