Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IP Address

Options
  • 23-10-2007 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is in the right forum? Just wanted to know how I can find the IP address for general websites? Most of the sites are blocked at work and the only way to get around this, is to use the IP address as that isn't blocked.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this is in the right forum? Just wanted to know how I can find the IP address for general websites? Most of the sites are blocked at work and the only way to get around this, is to use the IP address as that isn't blocked.

Any ideas?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

ping them :D
    C:\ping boards.ie

Pinging boards.ie [89.234.66.107] with 32 bytes of data:

Saruman wrote: »
    ping them :D
    C:\ping boards.ie

Pinging boards.ie [89.234.66.107] with 32 bytes of data:

Sorry not quite following you? What does that mean? I just want to know how to get the IP Address for websites like www.planetfootball.com, www.paddypower.ie, www.racingpost.co.uk etc.

Is there a website I can go to where I can get the IP Address?

Thanks

I see, no computer knowledge then..
    So all you do is go to start then run. type cmd and press ok.
    This brings up the command prompt.
    then type ping and then the website name.

www.planetfootball.com = 193.16.108.100 (this is not real? It redirects to skysports???)
    www.paddypower.ie = 195.10.120.135
    www.racginpost.co.uk = ????

Last one does not exist.
    Unless you mean:
    www.racingpost.co.uk = 62.44.69.151

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Dero

What's to get? What he's saying is that if you ping the website address from the command prompt, that will tell you the ip address of the site. A better way would be to use the nslookup command, whose entire purpose in life is to translate DNS name to IP addresses (and vice versa).

e.g. In the example below, the ip address of www.boards.e is highlighted in red from the putput of the ping command. Also shown is sample output from nslookup.

$ ping -c2 www.boards.ie
    PING www.boards.ie (89.234.66.107) 56(84) bytes of data.

$ nslookup www.boards.ie
    Server: 127.0.0.1
    Address: 127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
    Name: www.boards.ie
    Address: 89.234.66.107

Saruman wrote:
    Last one does not exist.

It does. It's just misspelled.

Name: www.racingpost.co.uk
    Address: 62.44.69.151

• Advertisement

Dero wrote: »
    What's to get? What he's saying is that if you ping the website address from the command prompt, that will tell you the ip address of the site. A better way would be to use the nslookup command, whose entire purpose in life is to translate DNS name to IP addresses (and vice versa).

e.g. In the example below, the ip address of www.boards.e is highlighted in red from the putput of the ping command. Also shown is sample output from nslookup.

$ ping -c2 www.boards.ie
    PING www.boards.ie (89.234.66.107) 56(84) bytes of data.

$ nslookup www.boards.ie
    Server: 127.0.0.1
    Address: 127.0.0.1#53

Name: www.boards.ie
    Address: 89.234.66.107

Will I get fired for doing this?

What's the IP Address for www.racingpost.co.uk ?

Oh and by the way!
    This is amazing :D
    If you go to www.google.ie and type in:
    get website ip address
    press search... wow
    First link i get is http://www.selfseo.com/find_ip_address_of_a_website.php

You might get fired yes... if they can block an address they can certainly track usage.
    Also racingpost.co.uk is in the list i gave you.

I see, no computer knowledge then..
    So all you do is go to start then run. type cmd and press ok.
    This brings up the command prompt.
    then type ping and then the website name.

www.planetfootball.com = 193.16.108.100 (this is not real? It redirects to skysports???)
    www.paddypower.ie = 195.10.120.135
    www.racginpost.co.uk = ????

Last one does not exist.
    Unless you mean:
    www.racingpost.co.uk = 62.44.69.151

Thanks but www.racingpost.co.uk is still blocked even with the IP Address!!??

Any other ways I can access that site witout getting fired?

Thanks

Without getting fired? Your kidding.... thats up to your company policy.
    You can probably get around by a web proxy... such as:
    http://proxy.org/cgi_proxies.shtml
    Put in the url in the box and it opens the site via that website.

Without getting fired? Your kidding.... thats up to your company policy.
    You can probably get around by a web proxy... such as:
    http://proxy.org/cgi_proxies.shtml
    Put in the url in the box and it opens the site via that website.

That's blocked too!! :( Fark it!

• Advertisement

Smart IT then... they must be blocking keywords such as proxy etc. Sorry, your IT system seems pretty locked down. If they are that well equiped i imagine its a pretty large company. They will also have a solid internet policy so you are better off waiting till you get home. Do not risk your job over some betting websites.

Smart IT then... they must be blocking keywords such as proxy etc. Sorry, your IT system seems pretty locked down. If they are that well equiped i imagine its a pretty large company. They will also have a solid internet policy so you are better off waiting till you get home. Do not risk your job over some betting websites.

We use this website to access all the blocked websites http://www.worldlingo.com/en/websites/url_translator.html

But problem with this website is that you can't log in or post messages. With the Racingpost website, you have to log on to view all the tips and news etc but this website will only get you in the homepage!

Thanks anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 footfall

open CMD windows (click START
    RUN --- type cmd) and type......ping microsoft.com or what ever site you trying to fix the ip address of.Leave out the www but...the Ping will list the IP address etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah, more then likely though that won't work in your work. So you will have to do it at home and take note of the IP lol.

I take it you guys did not read any posts after the first one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

Ye guys have a lot of patience!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Get to know someone in IT and ask them do they bother tracking usage.

Our company blocks access to sites like Youtube but you would get there via IP however we don't actively track what sites users are going to because that would be too much like effort so we can see a few people using youtube through proxies as we walk through the main office.

However we don't care, the main point of us blocking youtube is that it takes a lot of bandwidth away from working users so we just wanted to stop most users from using it. Your company might be stricter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

use https://www.stupidcensorship.com

I can bypass my company's firewall with that but generally I just remote into my computer that's at home and use it to browse. Much safer way of doing things and the IT team can't track it... erh... unless they block my own PC's IP address then I'll be fecked :P

*edit*

Do they use SonicWall by any chance? If so for some reason SonicWall doesn't seem to block secure sites sothe URL I just gave you should work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

logmein.com is free for personal use. Install it on your computer at home and then login from work using your web browser and use your home web browser to browse what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

brim4brim wrote: »
    logmein.com is free for personal use. Install it on your computer at home and then login from work using your web browser and use your home web browser to browse what you want.

Heh funilly enough that's what I use to remote.

• Advertisement
Advertisement