Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing query

Options
  • 23-10-2007 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

My plumbing is coming to a close on a Oil/Solid fuel/ Solar Panel setup.
    Can anybody please help me with the following queries:

How much does a Copper Industry 3 coiled Cylinder cost? My plumber was supposed to be putting in a tall 300L Stainless Steel Cylinder (which costed c. €1800) but instead he has put in a 270 litre Copper Industry 3 coiled Cylinder (and its not the tall one either). He says it costs the same. I have checked on the net and rang a few places-prices are varying but it seems to be coming out at c. 800-900 for the cylinder. Should i be concerned that he hasnt used the tall cylinder from the point of view of efficiency from my cylinder.

He also now wants more money because i changed from wanting a full pressurised system to just pressurising the showers....surely this should mean it costs less. On this note he is charging €500 extra for a negative Head Pump...whats this used for?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

cunnings wrote: »
    My plumbing is coming to a close on a Oil/Solid fuel/ Solar Panel setup.
    Can anybody please help me with the following queries:

How much does a Copper Industry 3 coiled Cylinder cost? My plumber was supposed to be putting in a tall 300L Stainless Steel Cylinder (which costed c. €1800) but instead he has put in a 270 litre Copper Industry who are CI? 3 coiled Cylinder (and its not the tall one either). He says it costs the same. I have checked on the net and rang a few places-prices are varying but it seems to be coming out at c. 800-900 for the cylinder. IMO the copper ones are cheaper: how well insulated is it and how does the efficiency of the coils rate in comparision with the SS oneShould i be concerned that he hasnt used the tall cylinder from the point of view of efficiency from my cylinder.dont know: think not

He also now wants more money because i changed from wanting a full pressurised system to just pressurising the showers....surely this should mean it costs less.no because the plumbing is more, not less as the whb/head etc need to be plumbed by gravity: are u sure they will work well on gravity or will the head take forewver to fill On this note he is charging €500 extra for a negative Head Pump...whats this used for? when the head of the shower is higher than ur cold water tank then u need a neg head pump to pump the showers as the ordinary pumps, unless primed will not work: is the 500 on top of what he had in for the normal pump: hope not: u can use an ordinary pump with an airswitch or depending on the setup the ordinary pump will work if u can get a gravity flow through the pump via the shower head by taking it off the rail and lowering it in the shower.
    HTH

Advertisement