Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

final fantasy seven remake

Options
  • 23-10-2007 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭

does any body actually no if this is actually happening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Square have left some hints that the possibility of a remake is on the cards but haven't given anything official.

With all the money that they've been making from the related games and the Advent Children movie and the limited release FFVII:Crisis Core PSP in Japan, they should know that fans would buy up any new game faster than the original sold. I definately will. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭ec18

with most of the creative team gone......doubtful......wasn't there a press release just after the technical demo hit the internet saying NO!....that it was just a technical demo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

ec18 wrote: »
    with most of the creative team gone......doubtful......wasn't there a press release just after the technical demo hit the internet saying NO!....that it was just a technical demo?

They did yeah. Incidentally they also made a tech demo of VIII if I recall correctly to show how nice and snazzy it'd look if it was on the PS2.

That being said, I'd say we'll see a remake is some way shape or form sooner or later. In fact, if I was Sony I'd have already driven several lorryloads of cash to SE's front doorstep in exchange for exclusive right or whatever it is they're called.

Here is an article about it.

Remake

grimloch wrote: »
    They did yeah. Incidentally they also made a tech demo of VIII if I recall correctly to show how nice and snazzy it'd look if it was on the PS2.

That being said, I'd say we'll see a remake is some way shape or form sooner or later. In fact, if I was Sony I'd have already driven several lorryloads of cash to SE's front doorstep in exchange for exclusive right or whatever it is they're called.

And to my knowledge VIII didn't come out for the ps2

• Advertisement

And to my knowledge VIII didn't come out for the ps2

Oh that's certainly true, but I for one can't see SE passing up a chance to make a profit. Which is almost guaranteed with anything VII related.

grimloch wrote: »
    Oh that's certainly true, but I for one can't see SE passing up a chance to make a profit. Which is almost guaranteed with anything VII related.

true....but would it be as good?...i don't mind the old graphics....they might try add that new BS from XII....it could be a flop

emot-siren.gifHurray! Chance to badmouth the franchise.emot-siren.gif

Well it wouldn't have to be good. By almost any standards, Advent Children was an absolutely mess and that still managed to sell a fairly impressive number of copies. They could make a film tomorrow about chocobos trotting about the place and still make money so long as Cloud poked his head in every now and again to say something emo. Shoehorn in some jumping scenes for larger profits.

FF7 fans are, by and large, not terribly difficult to impress.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well the last few remakes haven't been bad which is a lot better than the awful square enix output lately. I'd rather the original team handled it so they could finish the game the way they intended, with a decent ending. Alas this won't happen. The original team jumped ship to Mistwalker and Square will just release a version that is a carbon copy with fancier graphics. The awful FFVII sequels have also ruined any chance of seeing the developers original vision for the ending.

The greedy bastards will remake it but not any time soon. I just hope they leave FFVI alone. They already cut out the edgier stuff in the GBA port.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sme

personally, i think the problem is that vii came out when most of us were young and impressionable, so everything since has been "it's square, it must be good. i just have to play it to death to realise it"

probalbly ye will disagree but thats what i think about the current state of re-releases

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I think thats the same reason why people rate FFVII over FFVI which is a much better game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 garrfunkel

I seriously doubt there will be a remake anytime in the near future. Sure it would be a great opportunity for SE to rake in a hell of a lot of profit but last time I checked they werent exactly in dire need of money.

All they have to do i continue to make rpgs and call them final fantasy. A few moogles and chocobos here and there and your in business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

personally i feel that anyone who played FFVII regardless of there age will agree its one of the games that defined the playstation much like Halo did for the Xbox it is unfair to not give it it credit it deserves or refer to it as an"impressionable game on younger ppl"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Its all about the money, they will make a re-make, but theyll hold out a while longer.

Once the franchise which is and has been going downhill IMO... reaches little higher than rock bottom, what is SE's guaranteed way of saving face and their bank balance at the same time? FFVII remake! huzzah!

Don't get me wrong I'll eat it up.... like FFVII was herion and I were christy dignam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

I pray the Remake never happens with the current lot of staff square enix has.

The thought of having to see characters akin to the dirge of cerberus
    villians or ff10 airships in the original ff7 story is enough to make one vomit.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

I'd love myself if they didn't do a remake, FFVII should be left alone in the past, like the others and let their stories remain intact with their graphics. I wouldn't mind another type of movie like Advent Children though, but done a bit more like a proper manga movie and not a fanboy flick.

All in all, i think they'll do it anyway as it's yet another way of bringing in the cash for them but i won't buy it.

Sad to say but i'd buy it just to have it.....I still play my PSX version.....but dunno if i'd play it....depend on the first half hour of gameplay

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'd love to see a remake...and by remake, leaving it exactly (EXACTLY i say) as it is, while updating the graphics and sound to some of the more recent incarnations. And just give us japanese voice overs, to save us laughing (or crying) at the pathetic attempt at english voice overs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Sad to say but i'd buy it just to have it.....I still play my PSX version.....but dunno if i'd play it....depend on the first half hour of gameplay

Lost playstation version, got it for laptop, found ps1 version

Play both!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

Materia and Choco Breeding!!!!!

Weapon fighting, mime, quad magic, Knights of the Round???????? SPLURT:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 171 ✭✭Heliosvector

I hate to say it guys but square have actually said a remake is not in motion AT ALL! they did indeed do a tech demo, but thats all they said it was. I think it was at some E3 thing i saw or ign. if i find the news again ill give it up here.

I really hope they do make it. IM really getting annoyed with all of squares experimenting with fighting systems. I thought after FF11 they would stop that stupid style. Now its happening on infinity undiscovered. I just want an old fashioned turn based game, next gen, and from square-enix

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Mark Hamill

Kiith wrote: »
    I'd love to see a remake...and by remake, leaving it exactly (EXACTLY i say) as it is, while updating the graphics and sound to some of the more recent incarnations. And just give us japanese voice overs, to save us laughing (or crying) at the pathetic attempt at english voice overs.

Whats wrong with the English voice-overs in the final fantasy games, I thought that FFX had good english voice-overs.

I agree with the other thing you say, though, they should ljust update the graphics and sound and not change storyline/gameplay. (they might get away with with adding stuff like a bestiary and fmv theatre and stuff like that though)

I hate to say it guys but square have actually said a remake is not in motion AT ALL! they did indeed do a tech demo, but thats all they said it was. I think it was at some E3 thing i saw or ign. if i find the news again ill give it up here.

That E3 link is here.

I agree with the other thing you say, though, they should ljust update the graphics and sound and not change storyline/gameplay. (they might get away with with adding stuff like a bestiary and fmv theatre and stuff like that though)

Hypothetically, they should add put in a translation that isn't crap and make an ending that makes sense.

what? how does the FF7 ending not make sense? its perfect!
    Although i did hear rumours at the time when a remake was still a rumour that they would.... remake FF7 with a story where Aeris doesnt die. (man i hated it when i played the first time, got her final limit break..... then she was killed off)

what? how does the FF7 ending not make sense? its perfect!
    Although i did hear rumours at the time when a remake was still a rumour that they would.... remake FF7 with a story where Aeris doesnt die. (man i hated it when i played the first time, got her final limit break..... then she was killed off)

Well the ending has nothing to do with anything, I understand they were under pressure at the time to actually get the thing finished so in all fairness the team probably didn't have the time they needed to make a proper one. Plus your man said he was the last of his kind so why are their smaller versions of him running about the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bass-or-nothing

The remake of ff VII is being released in janruary 2008 on ps3. I looked it up:D

The remake of ff VII is being released in janruary 2008 on ps3. I looked it up:D

Where?

yeah right. you wish! and so does everyone else. you would have placed a link if you had info like that. I wouldnt be on these forums if there was info like that.

And a need for time, never so far have i heard it effecting the story as you said it did. Usually a storyboard is made before production and the actual game may be effected due to time restrictions. I thought that was all perfect aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭JuJuYNWA

That would be my wettest dream ever......

sadly it aint gonna happen

Advertisement