Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skinny Jeans for lads...

• 23-10-2007 10:38am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Just a quick question to see what the general thought is...

Skinny Jeans for lads..... Yay or Nay???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Sawa

Yes!!!

There will be a lot of people to disagree but these people just wish they could pull it off. A lot of my friends would say "Skinny jeans" are the best on a guy.
    Get a pair! See the other thread for where to get them!! :)

I always cringe when I see a guy wearing them.

Definitely not.

(and it's "yea" not "yay")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

bluewolf wrote: »

(and it's "yea" not "yay")

whoops my bad, good looking out though :D:D:D

Whats this other thread on where to get them?

Who cares if some people will call you names... you'll look good in them and that's what matters. They will just be jealous they would never wear them because of what their friends might say!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055168810

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭Lawless_Samurai

Thanks Sawa for the info! :D:):D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Big yes from me!Can look really sexy on the right guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Im in agreement, I say yes to skinny jeans on the right guy...by the way those cheapmonday jeans are great, I got a pair last year in Urban Outfitters and they still have their shape..might be ordering another pair..go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Not for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

me neither... im all about the loose fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 444 ✭✭Esmereldina

Just a quick question to see what the general thought is...

Skinny Jeans for lads..... Yay or Nay???

Esmereldina says yes... or yea if you will ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Oh sweet holy moly no! I don't want to go out with a lad with thinner hips than me! It just isn't attractive. Sorry.

having said my say, go for it if you want. You only live once after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

ah they're not atractive at all in my opinion but a certain type of bloke can kinda pull it off, the Vans, Hoodie wearing, slightly wonky hair-do black eyeliner wearing Dude.

dudara wrote: »
    Oh sweet holy moly no! I don't want to go out with a lad with thinner hips than me! It just isn't attractive. Sorry.

having said my say, go for it if you want. You only live once after all.

Whether a guy you go out with has thinner hips than you is irrelevant, that's his body. Wearing skinny jeans doesn't make your hips thinner! :rolleyes:

It may make his legs appear slimmer but what's wrong with excentuating nice legs. Skinny jeans for guys come in large sizes 34 and upwards.

I dunno, I think it's hot and there is a large amount of girls who think they are. Wear what you want and wear it for yourself, not for anyone else :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no etc...

i think it looks silly, i seen a guy <i>trying</i> to walk down the street in galway, the crotch of the jeans weren't at his crotch, they were between the knees and the crotch and he was wearing a belt well below his waist to keep it all up, quite frankly most guys cant pull them off, i doubt that i could but i wouldnt as i dont think they look right on guys, even a lot of girls cant pull off the look.

males fashion is no longer male anymore, wtf!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,175 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

If I actually had legs weedy enough to wear those jeans, showing them off would be the last thing I'd want to do.

Most guts probably have slimmer hips than you do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Sawa wrote: »
    Whether a guy you go out with has thinner hips than you is irrelevant, that's his body. Wearing skinny jeans doesn't make your hips thinner! :rolleyes:

Anyone lad with large hips who wears skinny jeans ends up looking like a pear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

imeaditly russel brand springs to mind!

once you accesorise them right i think it can look funky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Sangre wrote: »
    If I actually had legs weedy enough to wear those jeans, showing them off would be the last thing I'd want to do.

Agreed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

God, i hate anyone wearing those kind of jeans. They dont suit males or females. They are just awful. Its amazing how bad fashion is these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

No!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

What are skinny jeans?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

they're jeans for tossers who have legs not wider then toothpicks.

I dont know what sort of man these things are supposed to fit. The bird coerced me into trying on a pair on holidays, proper size, 32 waist, 32 leg grand job. Except when i tried to pull them on and they were too tight to go over my thighs. Ghey.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    they're jeans for tossers who have legs not wider then toothpicks.

I dont know what sort of man these things are supposed to fit. The bird coerced me into trying on a pair on holidays, proper size, 32 waist, 32 leg grand job. Except when i tried to pull them on and they were too tight to go over my thighs. Ghey.

Why do women wish to see menfolk in this apparel?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

The-Rigger wrote:
    Why do women wish to see menfolk in this apparel?!

See, I think its all like a big joke. The womenfolk tell us how great these things look, and then have a private laugh while we're up at the bar gettin' the pints in.

"See what have him wearin' tonight girl?! Its Hilllarious!"
    "I know sur girl, i had my fella wearin' a pink shirt last week! He didn't know What was goin' on, thought he was a right fancy biy!"

No I say. Ill not have it. Theres a line my friend. Theres a line i simply won't cross. We need to unite against schemes like these. See I know. I know whats going on. We'd meet up to go someplace and she's all like "Yer wearin' That?' "Those colours don't go together at all!" But ill not fall for their wiley ways. I play by my own rules me.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    See, I think its all like a big joke. The womenfolk tell us how great these things look, and then have a private laugh while we're up at the bar gettin' the pints in.

"See what have him wearin' tonight girl?! Its Hilllarious!"
    "I know sur girl, i had my fella wearin' a pink shirt last week! He didn't know What was goin' on, thought he was a right fancy biy!"

No I say. Ill not have it. Theres a line my friend. Theres a line i simply won't cross. We need to unite against schemes like these. See I know. I know whats going on. We'd meet up to go someplace and she's all like "Yer wearin' That?' "Those colours don't go together at all!" But ill not fall for their wiley ways. I play by my own rules me.

Good stuff Brother. You're a renegade, no wimmin will tame you, and rightly so.

How can colours not go together, they are colours ffs, they go where you put them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭Gaz

Dreadful looking , why would you want to show off skinny/weedy legs ?

also gives you the ghey as far i know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

i'm in sweden at the moment and all the guys over here wear them!!i find it the biggest turn off ever..guys should not be wearing skinny jeans it just doesn't look right

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Just say no

Advertisement