Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Considering 2nd hand Mazda 6 Estate

Options
  • 23-10-2007 11:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15

Anyone own one, heard good/bad stories about them? Any info appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Finding a nice speced estate version of the 6 is going to be difficult. Most only come in Comfort trim here in Ireland. You might have better luck finding a high spec model over in ther UK.

The 6 generally is a nice car to drive, interior is showing it's age though, might be worth holding off for a little while longer as the new model arrives in January so prices of used current models will drop a bit.

It's a Mazda so not much goes wrong with them but I have heard that parts can be a bit pricy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

bazz26 wrote: »
    It's a Mazda so not much goes wrong with them but I have heard that parts can be a bit pricy.

Currently having a good few issues with a couple of High Mileage 2.0Tdi versions so if it's one of those (both 120bhp versions) you are looking at, get it thoroughly checked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

estates are very very hard to come by...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 zalm

Thanks for the info guys. Went ahead and traded in my 01-Freelander with 95k on the clock for a 03-6 estate with 41 on the clock. No lose situation really....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

zalm wrote: »
    Thanks for the info guys. Went ahead and traded in my 01-Freelander with 95k on the clock for a 03-6 estate with 41 on the clock. No lose situation really....:)

Best of luck with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

R.O.R wrote: »
    Currently having a good few issues with a couple of High Mileage 2.0Tdi versions so if it's one of those (both 120bhp versions) you are looking at, get it thoroughly checked.

What sort of problems?

I'm thinking of changing to a diesel 6 myself (140bhp version). A friend of mine said the turbo-chargers gave trouble on older models (>100k miles), I kinda took it with a pinch of salt 'cos he's a pit of a panic merchant.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

143 bhp!

Advertisement