Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A good option would be......

Options
  • 23-10-2007 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

El Tel & Sheringham. The master & his apprentice

Back to basics.

Both have historic links with the club & the fans.
    They know what Spurs is all about.
    They're available and I reckon they'd relish it.
    Pick up the phone DL, make it happen

I accept Venables was a naughty boy back then but it's on the field that matters most. And I'm sure he had learned from his experiences and this kind of thig would never happen again.

In my memory Venables didn't do too much wrong from a football perspective at Spurs. We never would have landed Gazza and Lineker if it warn't for him.

And the side he helped to build in 92/93 looked like they were really going places before his big dispute with Sugar.

Then there's Euro 96

Then there's the impact he had on Boro, when they were flaundering in the bottom 3. He came in to help out Robson and they stayed up.

His only disaster was at Leeds, but to be fair every manager since O'Leary has had an impossible job there.

So on balance El Tel (with Teddy as his assistant)gets my vote and he could hand over the reins to Sheringham at a later date.

This is a realistic option, and thse two could really take us out of the ****e and on to better things.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭galinka

Shane as they say in baseball you sure pulled that one out of left field.

Still better choice than our current imbeccile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Thats the 1st time I have heard that one, and its actually not a bad shout, although could you see El Tel agreeing to work with Levy and Comolli etc... me thinks not, then again, who would ?????

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

It does sould a bit desprate, but then again we are in a desprate situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Venables is yesterday's man, like Wilkinson and Reid football has passed him by.

We've gone down the road of trying an old hero (Ossie, Hoddle) and its not worked out, I don't want another debacle with a player who I respected in a white shirt.

Advertisement