Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Ceremony & reception Venues

Options
  • 23-10-2007 11:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

Does anybody know of any Wedding ceremony & reception venues in the Northwest, where we can get married and have our reception and preferably accomodation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Its an odd request but have you any particular county in mind - i.e. Donegal, Sligo or Leitrim. I know you posted this in the Leitrim forum but you asked about the North West.

If you can be more specific there are users here from the various counties who may be able to offer some help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

Fionacull wrote: »
    Does anybody know of any Wedding ceremony & reception venues in the Northwest, where we can get married and have our reception and preferably accomodation.

as muffler said, you are going to have to give more details

Do you want a church/registrary office
    Hotel, how many
    what county

Let us know and congratulations

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Maybe this could be moved to the North West forum?

Either way we need more detail!

i would wait for more details to see what is happening and where would be best suited

• Registered Users Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

cool.

• Advertisement

If you were looking to have in Leitrim.I would recommend the Ramada hotel in Drumshanbo.Quality food and service.Only bad thing is it can only ghold about 150 at most.

If you were looking to have in Leitrim.I would recommend the Ramada hotel in Drumshanbo.Quality food and service.Only bad thing is it can only ghold about 150 at most.

fair point, nice scenery also to boot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Well I you want the added advantage of having a small town to cater to your needs, I would suggest Carrick On Shannon and The Landmark Hotel.

all good points but we need some more information from the OP

Fiona if you could get back to us with some more details it would help

In all fairness its been a year since I was at a wedding there. But the food and service are awful at The Landmark. The ball room is also huge and as a result they don't take small groups, I think 200 is min but I could be wrong.
    The food is actually better in the Bush but it is small. The Lough Allen Ramada has the best food imo. I haven't been to a wedding at Lough Rynn yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭becah

I haven't been in the Ramada yet, but it's meant to be a nice, but small, hotel in a great location.
    I've been at weddings and events in both the Bush and the Landmark, and i have to say the Landmark is far superior, have always found the food to be great, nice set up and good service.
    Also, as far as I know, they cater for smaller weddings in the CJ's dining room, I had a peek in when it was being set up one day when passing, it is a beautiful room and the wedding flowers etc looked lovely, great place for an intimate wedding.
    The Bush is nice as a smaller, family-run type of hotel, but i've never been to impressed with service or food at events that i've been to.
    I don't know if Lough Rynn does weddings, but is a beautiful hotel, though it wasn't fully finished construction the last time I was there, and a muddy drive-way and dump trucks kinda ruined the impact!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I spent a night in the Ramada, and the staff were nice and the rooms were lovely. Really well finished. Don't know what the foods like, but the place is very nice. I don't know if it would suit a wedding outside of the summer months as it's a bit exposed on the shores of Lough Allen. Was a bit breezey going for a smoke on the deck and that was in July:(

Advertisement