Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much ammo??

Options
  • 23-10-2007 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭

Anybody got more than 1000 rounds on their licence? How many and what were the criteria?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭ravima

where's the war?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Many target shooters would have more than 1000 rounds on their licence, for two reasons;
    1) Air pellets are classed as rounds and come in tins of 500, which are sold in tubes of ten tins. You'd use up more than 100 in a single serious training session, and they can be batch tested to the rifle the same way smallbore rounds can be. Most people would buy a tube every few months.
    2) Smallbore target rounds are often batch tested to their owner's rifle, where that person is serious about the sport. Again, more than 100 shot in a single session, and you can't buy less than 10,000 rounds if you're batch testing - that's a condition imposed by the manufacturers.

Simply put, there's a good reason for it, it's usually for smallbore or airgun rounds, and it doesn't mean you're in an arms race :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Sparks wrote: »

Simply put, there's a good reason for it, it's usually for smallbore or airgun rounds, and it doesn't mean you're in an arms race :D

You should try convincing my super that I am not starting an arms race.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Sparks wrote: »
    Many target shooters would have more than 1000 rounds on their licence, for two reasons;
    1) Air pellets are classed as rounds and come in tins of 500, which are sold in tubes of ten tins. You'd use up more than 100 in a single serious training session, and they can be batch tested to the rifle the same way smallbore rounds can be. Most people would buy a tube every few months.
    2) Smallbore target rounds are often batch tested to their owner's rifle, where that person is serious about the sport. Again, more than 100 shot in a single session, and you can't buy less than 10,000 rounds if you're batch testing - that's a condition imposed by the manufacturers.

You got 10,000 rounds on yours??

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Not as yet alan, I haven't needed it yet. I've discussed it with my local garda and he's said it won't be a problem, but you know yourself how these things often later become problems!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

MMmmm. Ill leave it a while before I look for an increase. Thanks.

Advertisement