Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Pretest in Raheny area?

Options
  • 23-10-2007 11:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a good pretest person that is near the Raheny route?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Or any of North Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

i found colliers very good. colin i think was his name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 inertiaman

Temple School Of Motoring, I and four friends used them and passed first time. The guy I had was called Keith. He's fairly chatty which I found pretty cool, hate sitting beside someone in a car I don't know in silence....................................... Except Taxi drivers;)

Good Luck with your test

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Yeah Temple School of motoring is very good. I'm not too sure if Mr. Moxham is still there as he was ill, but if he is he's a genius! I passed first time also. Can't remember the name of the young lad who did the pre-test with me. Nice guy though. He drove a Glanza!

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Im just in shock that somebody in the Raheny test centre needs a pre-test!!! You must have been waiting years for a test date!! lol
    Best of Luck

ps...ISM are pretty good

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 guy_awoke

I did a bunch of lessons (about 12) with Keith of Temple before my 3rd test attempt about a month ago. He is excellent and very patient. All the temple instructors are highly qualified. For anyone starting out from scratch I'd highly recommend doing a complete course of lessons with them. The way things are going, sustained quality instruction is going to be practically essential to have any chance at the test in the future. Yes it's expensive but see it as an investment not just to pass the driving test but to drive for life. I think the waiting times need to come down to about 2 weeks at the most and I also think that the new 6 month "cooling" period before taking a test after a first leaner permit is issued is unfair as an intensive course of lessons and practice over a much shorter period can be very effective for those who wish to take that approach. I did pass btw.

Peace

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 inertiaman

Im just in shock that somebody in the Raheny test centre needs a pre-test!!! You must have been waiting years for a test date!! lol

I'd heard that Raheny takes ages so I was kind of lazy with booking pretests. In the end it only took about 7 months before the test letter arrived at my door and when it did I crapped a brick the size of France. My advice would be to book the odd pretest way before you think the actual test is going to happen. Then book more than you think you will need in the weeks coming up to the test.

I also booked a pretest for the morning just before the test which I think really helped. All of this is fairly costly but in terms of cost vs benefit it's well worth it.

inertiaman wrote: »
    I'd heard that Raheny takes ages so I was kind of lazy with booking pretests. In the end it only took about 7 months before the test letter arrived at my door and when it did I crapped a brick the size of France. My advice would be to book the odd pretest way before you think the actual test is going to happen. Then book more than you think you will need in the weeks coming up to the test.

I also booked a pretest for the morning just before the test which I think really helped. All of this is fairly costly but in terms of cost vs benefit it's well worth it.

Applied last may and im still waiting.........:confused::confused::confused:

Wait is 44 weeks in Raheny at the min and is gonna rise now the "new" laws are in.... looks like it'll be march before i get a date!!.....which ill have to cancel cos im on college placement which will put me back to the end of the 44+ week wait!

God i love Ireland......everything works soooo efficiently!!!
    LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

You must have been waiting years for a test date!! lol
    Best of Luck

ps...ISM are pretty good

Yeah, I applied in January. Only 10 Months :)

boreds wrote: »
    Yeah, I applied in January. Only 10 Months :)

least they're honest!!! its says 40 weeks on the rsa website! lol
    looks like ill be waiting til march....at which time i cant do the test so it'll be back to the bottom for me!!! lol

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

MrsDub13 had a bad experience with Temple School Of Motoring,so they get a no no from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Dub13 wrote: »
    MrsDub13 had a bad experience with Temple School Of Motoring,so they get a no no from me.

Really, which instructor?

I used Donald (the guy who owns the school) and he would definitely get a recommendation from me. Unfortunately I only got to take one lesson from him as he had to go to hospital or something. Not sure if he's back teaching.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Stark wrote: »
    Really, which instructor?

It was not one instructor as such,what happened was MrsDub13 was doing her test about this time last year.I rang them up to get her a few pre testes about 3 weeks before her test,the first thing I said to them on the phone was I want to book a couple of hours before her test and we will fit in a few more in the 3 weeks before the test.They said fine no problem.

So MrsDub13 goes off and does a few hours with them,she then gets a phone call a few days before the test and they say nobody is available for the two hours before her test.I was not a happy bunny,I canceled a two more hours she had booked with them.I made it quite clear when making the original booking that she wanted the couple of hours before her test and if this was a problem we would have to book another school.The reason I rang them up was I am aware they have a few cars on the road so it should not have been a problem.

I was left feeling that they just took what cash they could did not care less,I ended up having to take a day off work and do the pre test with MrsDub13 myself.She passed.

She also said that the instructor (not sure of his name,but he was a young guy) was constantly on the phone and seemed more concerned about waving to his mates on the street then doing the pre tests.

This is just my experience of them and maybe it was a once off as I have also heard good things about them.But I can only go on my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Both my sons used Temple, thought they were brilliant. They both passed first time. Never had a problem with appointments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Wheels

I used a different northside company that rang me on a number of occasions to sell me lessons and constantly pushing me to get two hour sessions (which honestly did me no good at all) I gave up driving.

Eventually coaxed back into it and went with Alexandria School of Motoring. My instructor was brilliant, after seven lessons (I'd paid for 10) she advised me to save the final three for my pre-tests and go out on my own because I was more then capable. Gave me a big boost and while I wasn't overly confident it meant I stopped doubting myself and began to drive more naturally (allowing me to concentrate on the important things such as observing whats happening around me).

Would recommend them in a heart beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Azlan

I definitely recommend James from A New Driver -very calm and a great instructor

Advertisement