Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Ford Focus

Options
  • 23-10-2007 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

I've pretty much decided that I want to get a new Ford Focus.

Looking at the 1.6 Zetec Connection or Titanium model.

Now, might be a good or bad time to get a new Focus as the 'facelift' model is out in January I believe?

If I go to a Ford dealer today and ask them to order me a new Focus, will they make me wait until January for the new look model or can I still get the current model (which I quite like, dont mind if i get the new look or not) quick enough?

How long do you usually have to wait to get a new car delivered?

Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Probably nothing in stock with Ford for a Focus 1.6 in either Zetec Connection or Titanium. Ford usually quote 6-8 weeks for delivery on brand new cars, but the last Focus I ordered at the end of July still hasn't arrived yet - currently scheduled for the 5th November to arrive in to Ireland.

I'd order a facelifted model for January delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 kevin123123

It really depends.If you want the car straight away you could be lucky as the one you are looking for may be lying in a compound somewhere in Ireland.If you do want one straight away you should try to keep the extras to a minimum.Also because the new facelifted model is due out in the new year then you should really shop around as they "older" models should have some reduction on them.I bought a new ford in Feb and was waiting 11 weeks for delivery but I had a few extras on it.
    Personally I would wait until the new model comes out and see what kind of deduction you can get on the '05-'07 model as there will be a lot of these floating around and most people would be looking for the newer model.
    Does anyone know when exactly the new facelifted model is out,all I have heard is early '08 ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I'd also suggest waiting a bit.

08 plate in the newest model will be optimal. The new Econetic diesel (1.6 110bhp) might be a good one.

p.s. I'm driving the car you are thinking about - 07 3 door 1.6 Zetec Connection - and it's pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

You'd be crazy to buy and register a brand new car between now and the end of the year. It will be considerd a year old on 1st January when in fact it is only 2 months old. That's 12 months depreciation suffered by you in only 2 months of ownership.

If you need to have one now why not go out and look at the 2007 ex hire cars that are for sale. Plenty of them around and they will have around 8k miles on the clock and will be about €2k to €3k cheaper than a brand new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

bazz26 wrote: »
    You'd be crazy to buy and register a brand new car between now and the end of the year. It will be considerd a year old on 1st January when in fact it is only 2 months old. That's 12 months depreciation suffered by you in only 2 months of ownership.

If you need to have one now why not go out and look at the 2007 ex hire cars that are for sale. Plenty of them around and they will have around 8k miles on the clock and will be about €2k to €3k cheaper than a brand new one.

Is there any particular dealer or auction house that stocks these ex-rentals for sale?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Any main dealer should have some. Most are lowish spec. though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭MrVostro

there is a few grand off of the flexi fuel focus too. Well worth looking at.

Advertisement