Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edpac sheets: How reliable?

• 23-10-2007 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭

Just wondering as I had an MCQ last night and was thinking how good the computer is at accurately marking the scores? If you rub an answer out and put a different one is there a chance it'll pick up both and you lose the marks?

Bit unnerving that we're just told to do it and trust it, especially considering some dodgy marks I think I've gotten in MCQs

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Provided you've rubbed out the original answer well and marked the new answer correctly it will pick up the correct answer. If the computer is unsure it will flag the sheet to be examined manually.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

Wonder if there's a magic box to default everything to 100% :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

There is. It becomes enabled when you attend all your lectures, hand up all your assignments and study your ass off 24/7. Unfortunately this means the "Have a life" box becomes disabled...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

It's pretty reliable. As long as you dont use red pen to mark your answers. The pencils work well as does black pen but then you cant change your answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Sarn

If you follow the instructions you'll be fine.

• Advertisement
Advertisement