Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bmw 116i SE.. Modify??

Options
  • 23-10-2007 12:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Im looking to modify my car a little...i've already gotten M-tech back and front bumpers...a small spoiler and i've gotten orange luminous chrome door panels...

I want to make it a little sportier though..so that it will stand out more but still look classy..

It's Quartz Blue (so quite a basic colour) and has black and grey cloth interior... any ideas???

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

japanese-car.jpg

i think thats'd be a nice mod for your car

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mostlycircles

Yeah thanks a million...and can you put a price on that?? Dont think bmw do original kits like that....

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

That van looks Chris Bangle influenced to be fair.

OP, what wheels have you got on at the moment? any suspension mods?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Luminous orange? Sounds a bit dodgy to me. The only thing I would do is fit a nice set of 17 inch BMW 1 series rims to it and leave it that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭C_Breeze

Tint the windows.

Fit nice 17" alloys (BMW replica or AC Schnitzer replicas)

If you have orange light cluster remove those and upgrade to somehting like this ...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BMW-E87-1-SERIES-LED-RED-CLEAR-REAR-LIGHTS_W0QQitemZ120138792317QQihZ002QQcategoryZ72242QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

...and scrap the orange luminous door things whatever the hell they are

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Upgrade the suspension, wheels and leave it at that.
    A lowered car on nice wheels can do wonders for the look of a car.

Dont tint the windows unless you like being pulled every second night by the cops.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

I would'nt really overdo a 1 series ..less is more

Although you could trade it in and buy a white one -they really look the business :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,322 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

BMW will be releasing the much awaited 135 soon enough, you could wait and see what options are availabe for that and maybe apply them to your car.

like mtech kits etc they wont make you car look like a lump of sh@t.

there may be a nice version of wheels, nice spoilers and so on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 GoldfingerPlate

howya
    i offer goldplating services for car badges. i gold plate the badges in pure 24crt gold , it looks the business, you should give it a go, it will compliment a beemer big time, i'm a mobile servie and all work is fully guarenteed.i am the only perosn in ireland offering this mod!

087-9163780

cheers

howya
    i offer goldplating services for car badges. i gold plate the badges in pure 24crt gold , it looks the business, you should give it a go, it will compliment a beemer big time, i'm a mobile servie and all work is fully guarenteed.i am the only perosn in ireland offering this mod!

087-9163780

cheers
    Ooh and some Lexus lights too! and maybe some LED windscreen washers, ooh and an ebay 20bhp resistor chip!

• Advertisement

colm_mcm wrote: »
    OP, what wheels have you got on at the moment? any suspension mods?

I have 16" 7 spoke alloys.. a bit boring...so i think ill take that advice and add some new ones, Andrew!! No suspension mods colm ...dunno should i go that far just yet?

Just fyi...the door panels don't look as dodgey as they sound!! Only really visible at night...very subtle. The kit aint too ott either...but what really annoys me is that the exhaust and petrol tank are really visible at back...

Do you reckon i could eventually make it look something like this?? Or do you think it's way too much?

http://pictures.topspeed.com/IMG/crop-460x345/lumma_series_1_5w.jpg#

The only thing is this is all going to take ages...i cant exactly afford to get all my desired mods done at once.. i do want a chrome exhaust though.

I dont think i'd tint windows, C_Breeze, as i agree with bucks!!;)

The white onesare amazing aren't they?? If i had one of those...i don't think i'd do much at all!! :p

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2007/01/bmw_1series_3door.jpg

Wow...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Do you reckon i could eventually make it look something like this?? Or do you think it's way too much?

lumma_series_1_5w.jpg

by modding to that extent you acontractually obliged to tilt you baseball cap to 78 degrees and carry a bag of weed in your boot :p

by modding to that extent you acontractually obliged to tilt you baseball cap to 78 degrees and carry a bag of weed in your boot :p

Ugh..very funny. Tell me this, MeleKalikimaka, what do you drive then???

I quite like it. well the general jist anyway.

LAND ROVER DISCOVERY 3
    4.4 litre 295hp V8 petrol engine
    Ebony Leather interior
    Keswick Green outside
    STRUT Ascott Marquise grill
    2008 22" Super Charged RR Wheels
    3 " Suspension Lift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

Ugh..very funny. Tell me this, MeleKalikimaka, what do you drive then???

I quite like it. well the general jist anyway.

Lol, he has a point. It cheapens the overlook of the car which is not easy with a 1 series. I saw a gorgeous Quartz Blue 1 series at the weekend with a very basic lipkit which visually lowered the car and really worked well with it's lines. I've tried searching for it online but can't seem to find it:(

Personally I'd upgrade the susp. and throw on some AC Schnitzers (or replicas). I don't think a tint flows well with this colour though. GL.
    3 " Suspension Lift

Nice, what lift kit did you use?

BanzaiBk wrote: »
    Lol, he has a point. It cheapens the overlook of the car which is not easy with a 1 series. I saw a gorgeous Quartz Blue 1 series at the weekend with a very basic lipkit which visually lowered the car and really worked well with it's lines. I've tried searching for it online but can't seem to find it:(

Personally I'd upgrade the susp. and throw on some AC Schnitzers (or replicas). I don't think a tint flows well with this colour though. GL.

Humm...i like your suggestions...tell me more about this suspension upgrade...i dont know much about what goes beyond bodywork...!:o

LAND ROVER DISCOVERY 3
    4.4 litre 295hp V8 petrol engine
    Ebony Leather interior
    Keswick Green outside
    STRUT Ascott Marquise grill
    3 " Suspension Lift

I must say Mele if thats the case well fair play to ya!!! i can see how you wouldnt much like my tyle then!! Do you have a photo of it?? A friend of mine is actually looking to buy a Land Rover (brand new) and your one sounds really nice and individual... but maybe a bit masculin.. is there a less powerful version available thats still as visually attractive as yours sounds??

BanzaiBk wrote: »

Nice, what lift kit did you use?

OEM coils :(, just under 3" tbh,gonna get it dropped to 2 soon, isnt the wisest, looking for some aftermarket coils but its bloody importing thats the problem

I must say Mele if thats the case well fair play to ya!!! i can see how you wouldnt much like my tyle then!! Do you have a photo of it?? A friend of mine is actually looking to buy a Land Rover (brand new) and your one sounds really nice and individual... but maybe a bit masculin.. is there a less powerful version available thats still as visually attractive as yours sounds??

theres a 2.7 litre TDV6 common-rail diesel developing 190hp, its so so, diesels these days are damn good.

theres a 2.7 litre TDV6 common-rail diesel developing 190hp, its so so, diesels these days are damn good.

I think she wants to stick with a petrol. But thanks anyway!!
    ;)

• Advertisement

Diesel is the way to go on a disco unless you enjoy paying for vertical depreciation and massive fuel bils.

Love the old 4.4 V8 in the Range Rover though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Andrewf20

Although this is a modding forum, please be careful about modding too far as you will be hit very hard when it comes to sell the car on as alot of people get very suspicious of cars modded, never mind the likeliness of them not liking the mods. An exception is that you can restore the car to close to what it originally looked like, if you want to sell. Dont compromise on servicing to fund wings & spoilers, this will also hit buyer interest. A chrome exhaust should be ok imho once its not too dissimilar to the original.

Good luck with the mods.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

There's a 2.2 in the freelander now with 172 bhp and 400 nm of torque:D... But on topic could u post a few pics of ur car??

Advertisement