Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League: Matchday 3

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Valencia losing 2-0 at home to one of the worst teams in Champions League history, Rosenborg :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Bad Matchweek for Spanish Football so far. Barca only drawing with Rangers, valencia getting beaten by the "worst team in Champions League history" Real 2-2 against a Greek side who've been playing most of the game with 10 men and Seville scraping by a poor Romanian side 2-1 last night.

Looks like the Premier League is King this year (apart from Liverpool obviously, I blame the Spanish manager for that.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

That Benfica goal was coming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

DesF wrote: »
    But...is McGeady actually playing?
    I know it's a bit tongue in cheek you only see what you want to see. McGeady was pretty much playing wing back tonight. Caldwell kept tucking in and leaving McGeady to deal with the everyone on the right. He was excellent tonight. Delighted for him.

I think Stan has killed my emotion. I'm starting to worry. I wasn't livid after Saturday and tonights goal was like "ah well". I don't really care anymore. Bring it back God.:(

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Bring it back God.:(
    Ask Artur to say a prayer for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Besiktas fans created a great atmosphere in the stadium it seemed tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Istanbul was a cauldron tonight! Besiktas played with such spirit, they fully deserved to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

yay besiktas! :D

Seedorf's second goal was a screamer.

And Kaka hit the inside of the post after running all through Donetsk's team. It was very unlucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Jesus DesF just saw that, that woulda been some goal. Kaka was just utterly immense. I'd say he'd be worth 100 million for Chelsea.

Also what a goal from Seedorf, Sheringham esqkue :)

PHB wrote: »
    Jesus DesF just saw that, that woulda been some goal. Kaka was just utterly immense. I'd say he'd be worth 100 million for Chelsea.
    He has it all.

The skills, strength, finishing ability, extremely comfortable on the ball.

Gem of a player, but he'd have lumps kicked out of him by some of the kickers in Premier League defences.
    PHB wrote: »
    Also what a goal from Seedorf, Sheringham esqkue :)

Sheringham was ten times the player Seedorf could ever hope to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Sheringham was ten times the player Seedorf could ever hope to be.

We're talking about Clarence Seedorf here, a man who:

1) has won 4 Champions League titles, with 3 different clubs
    2) has won countless league titles in various top leagues throughout his career
    3) still going strong in his thirties for arguably the best club in the world right now

and you think Sheringham is 10 times the player he is? Watch football much?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ardent wrote: »
    We're talking about Clarence Seedorf here, a man who:

1) has won 4 Champions League titles, with 3 different clubs
    3) still going strong in his thirties for arguably the best club in the world right now

and you think Sheringham is 10 times the player he is? Watch football much?

+1

You're comparing a striker to a midfielder there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

4 actually. Hardly "countless" ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Watched the Madrid Olympíakos match. Real dominated possession, which was to be expected after the visitors had a man sent off so early. Real defence didn't look the best and Salgado was fairly poor I thought. Van Nistelrooy had a fairly poor night aswell and capped it off by blasting a penalty over the bar.

Olympíakos looked very good on the break though and could have snatched a draw or even won but for 2 saves by Casillas from Kovacevic. Madrid went up the other end after that and scored their fourth. Real seem a lot more functional and Schuster has them playing well as a team rather than relying on individual brilliance, as was the case in the past with them. You can probably attribute some of that to Capello though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Seedorf's second goal was a screamer.

And Kaka hit the inside of the post after running all through Donetsk's team. It was very unlucky.

Cost me a few quid though had 3-1 backed :mad:

Watch football much?

Actually, ever since Seedorf won his forst CL title, I've been following his career with avid interest, as to how a seemingly 'lesser' talented player like him could be in such a successful team.

He just doesn't do it for me. I don't know why. I just don't like his style of play or something. It's very irrational probably.

Anyway, yeah, different position and all that, but Teddy Sheringham is one of the most intelligent men, in a football sense, to play the beautiful game. Great Player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Ah I'm sure he'd get his game with Boardeaux somehow :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭MrPillowTalk

Actually, ever since Seedorf won his forst CL title, I've been following his career with avid interest, as to how a seemingly 'lesser' talented player like him could be in such a successful team.

He just doesn't do it for me. I don't know why. I just don't like his style of play or something. It's very irrational probably.

Anyway, yeah, different position and all that, but Teddy Sheringham is one of the most intelligent men, in a football sense, to play the beautiful game. Great Player.

I went on the piss with Sheringham last year, intelligent isnt one of the words that spring to mind when you go to describe him lol.

I know what you mean though he was a clever footballer but not a patch on Seedorf.

Advertisement