Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Dunnes in dundalk

Options
  • 23-10-2007 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,051 ✭✭✭✭

the new dunnes in dundalk is opening on 31st october

anyone know what kind of store it is?
    like will it be clothes and homeware, or grocery?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I think it's a convenience store, mainly groceries I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

It will be filled with DkIT students.

Just like the Dunnes is in Maynooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Maynooth is a long way fro DKIT students to travel to for their shopping:D

They might have some homewares as they have applied to the council to sell them in one of the adjoining uniits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭eamoss

indiewindy wrote: »
    Maynooth is a long way fro DKIT students to travel to for their shopping:D

No more will DkIT students have to get the bus & train to Maynooth to do their shopping. :D

Thats 4 Dunnes shops now in Dundalk. Do we need them all?

I know they were going to sell the one in Árd Easmuinn until they heard that ASDA wanted to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

eamoss wrote: »
    No more will DkIT students have to get the bus & train to Maynooth to do their shopping. :D

Thats 4 Dunnes shops now in Dundalk. Do we need them all?

I know they were going to sell the one in Árd Easmuinn until they heard that ASDA wanted to buy it.

ASDA? are they anywhere else in ireland apart from the north?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Don't think so draffodx.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

It's going to be like those Tesco Expresses, mini versions of their larger stores.

Not sure if it will carry clothes, will be quite handy for those living / working at that side of town

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 -avey-

speakin of tesco, will the new dunnes have self service tills? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Walked past today...clthes on hangers in what appears to be the homewares section (the bigger main building that faces it's carpark).
    Anyway all I want them to have is an offie :D
    This is the first "supermarket" in the town that caters for SE Dundalk and Blackrock, it'll take a fair bit of business off the local convenience stores. I think even the Rock heads will put up with shopping in muirhevnamor if it means avoiding hill st traffic.

As for Dunnes in Dundalk...if they were to offload any store I'd imagine it'd be the Park st one; deosn't owe them anything and is in a prime location for development.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Rumours were that they were looking to sell off the stores in Cox's but the got wind that Asda were planning to move in once Dunnes moved out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

BTW sorrry, but whoever thought up the name for this place should be taken out at dawn tomorrow and shot.

The Neighbourhood centre.

Seriously...

Advertisement