Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The €5 lunch

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

4star lunch time special.

9" pizza + 2 toppins + can of drink for €5

Nice to indulge now and then but wouldnt recommend everyday!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭StandnDeliver

banana,brown roll, and a drink from dunnes or tesco healthy!Gotta have a bit of fruit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Roll with 3 fillings, banana, apple, small carton of milk.

Less than €5 in any Spar shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Come to think of it most of the suggestions are takeaway meals for under €5. What about the people who want healthy food instead of fatty food? Its ridiculous but people are paying alot more for a healthy meal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    gers deli on mccurtain st does the best chicken rolls in town for 3 quid!

it makes me worry that a shop can cook and sell chicken plus the bread and fillings for €3 and still make a profit!! I have to question the quality of the food, especially the chicken :(

But I have never been there so maybe I am being unfair.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Speaking of healthy food, I'll be all set for my first breakfast roll in several months shortly, please post your nominations for the best breakfast roll and/or hot chicken baguette in Cork.

adam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

it makes me worry that a shop can cook and sell chicken plus the bread and fillings for €3 and still make a profit!! I have to question the quality of the food, especially the chicken :(

But I have never been there so maybe I am being unfair.

Most of the time they don't cook the chicken themselves though, and if they do it's from frozen fillets which are a lot cheaper. I worked in a deli years ago where every day we'd buy about 30 chickens from the Chicken Inn and I'd spend all morning slicing them up for sambos. We tried moving over to the 'prepacked sliced chicken' which looked more mechanically reclaimed than chicken and the customers hated it. I think the standard has improved a bit for prepacked chicken now!

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

KittyKat wrote: »
    Come to think of it most of the suggestions are takeaway meals for under €5. What about the people who want healthy food instead of fatty food? Its ridiculous but people are paying alot more for a healthy meal!

Quay coop Lunch for €8.50 will do you for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Healthy and €8.50÷3=€2.66 per meal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Quay coop Lunch for €8.50 will do you for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Healthy and €8.50÷3=€2.66 per meal

They need to shove some beef in that crap and then it might be food ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

ha ha :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Kold wrote: »
    They need to shove some beef in that crap and then it might be food ^_^

Have you tried it? I love Quay Co-Op food and I'm not a vegetarian.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Slightly over the €5.00 mark - but you can get starters/main course/coffee for €7.50 - China Gold on Patrick's Street, entrance next door to Wallis, restaurant upstairs. But that's when you want a big feed. You get to sit in a restaurant, get waited on by really friendly staff - and for €7.50 - you can't go wrong.

And I agree with poster re. the O'Flynn sausage stall - YUM!!! J

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

Falaf al's off Castle Street: Falafal/Kebab and a drink for a fiver during the week with a student ID. I may be addicted! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

The staff may be ignorant trolls but you really can't beat the sandwich deal at Daybreak's deli on Gilabbey St (By St Finbarres).

A nice big sandwich (the bread is lovely), packet of taytos and can of coke for 3.50.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭steps_3314

The deli next to the kop shop in Blackpools Watercourse Road. They wont be beating.

dahamsta wrote: »
    Speaking of healthy food, I'll be all set for my first breakfast roll in several months shortly, please post your nominations for the best breakfast roll and/or hot chicken baguette in Cork.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

Judes wrote: »
    Slightly over the €5.00 mark - but you can get starters/main course/coffee for €7.50 - China Gold on Patrick's Street, entrance next door to Wallis, restaurant upstairs. But that's when you want a big feed. You get to sit in a restaurant, get waited on by really friendly staff - and for €7.50 - you can't go wrong.

And I agree with poster re. the O'Flynn sausage stall - YUM!!! J

here here yum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭chuci

the soup place in the english market. soup and your choice of bread for 4.50 and its healthy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

Joop is it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement