Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In a tight spot.

Options
  • 23-10-2007 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭

I'm going to the Jazz festival this Friday (just one day). I had transport all sorted out, my Friend was driving there and back on the day.

Now, for circumstances beyond his control, he can't go. God saw fit to bless me with an inability to work a clutch, so I can't bring myself.

Question is this: Are there any late night buses in operation going to Dublin or what have you?

Simultaneously, I'm probing people I know who would be willing to drive there and back, but the list is thin as the mere mention of 'Jazz' leaves but a dust cloud in their wake.

ARGH!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Would you consider staying the night in a hostel or something if there is availability somewhere?? Could r-u-n-n-o-f-t back to Dublin early morning and be back in the city of syringes before 11am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Yeah, this'll probably be my solution if transport doesn't come together. My preference would be in and out on the night, but sacrifices must be made to see EST! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Ive been on the piss for the Jazz weekend for a few years now and i'm yet to actually hear any Jazz music.

Man. That is Jazz.

*clicky fingers*

Cheers for the replies. I've managed to sort something out. Turns out a friend of mine likes E.S.T. and I didn't even know it! :)

Best of all....she drives! \0/

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

Wasn't it last year that Guinness were promoting the spotlight acts as "Sharon Shannon & The Waterboys". The Jazz Festival is a mokery of what it once was, and gets worse each and every single year.

If you want Jazz, go to Poland, they have one of the best Jazz scenes I've seen in a long while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Guys and Gals - read the Guinness Jazz Festival Programme - big international acts, you're missing some good stuff! Go on give it a chance, you'll have some fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

You're travelling to Cork from Dublin and back for the Jazz! Fair play to you. I live ten minutes from the city and this year is the first time I'll be going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

I have yet to meet a Cork person that likes the festival for the jazz music!

Never mind the jazz, I've always gone to the beerfest at the franciscan well instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Bros123 wrote: »
    I have yet to meet a Cork person that likes the festival for the jazz music!

Jazz Weekend, Stephen's Night and NYE are my three most hated times to go out in the city.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

The jazz weekend is normally the weekend of my birthday (unless the bank holiday is very late) but I've never been Jazzing for it...

Horrendous music (imho) and stuff... Never liked it (town for Jazz)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Jazz rocks, apart from the freeform crap. The festival doesn't though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Used to like when the then Mercury Lounge did Jazz nights. Nobody else did so it turned into the **** hole it is now....

While we're talking about this weekend; does anyone know if you need a ticket ahead of time for Movies vs Music at the Everyman?

You're travelling to Cork from Dublin and back for the Jazz! Fair play to you. I live ten minutes from the city and this year is the first time I'll be going.

I'd do anything fo a slice of Live E.S.T.! :)

Advertisement