Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

best old skool metal fests

• 23-10-2007 2:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend any festivals that are good for people who like 80's metal, esp. glam related? Usually I go to Sweden Rock but I would like to expand my horizons a little and check out some other places.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Well what other kinds of 80s metal do you like - Death? Thrash? Speed? Power?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

I know there's a thrash fest in germany called "Thrash till' Death" but they'd be all german thrash bands, don't think they have any international acts.. Check out http://www.metaltravelguide.com/php/festivals.php you might find something there. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

ok thanks. My favourites are bands like Europe, Crue, Wasp, Leppard, Saxon, Alice Cooper, Scorpions, Whitesnake, etc, but I also love almost any power metal, especially the big ones like Manowar and Rhapsody. I want to try and find a festival in the UK that caters for this sort of taste but it's hard. Bloodstock used to be good, but it's not any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭nij

July 2008 - Magic Circle Music festival. Be there! It's gonna be huge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭MagnumForce

have a look at this, I almost came when I saw last years line up, unfortunatly its in the States, but if you have the money it would most definitly be worth it!!

http://www.rockfeverfest.com/artists.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Hey Stormwarrior...

Bang your Head (Germany) and Gods of Metal (Italy) usually have good old school line-ups; WASP, Twisted Sister, Sebastian Bach, Doro, Alice Cooper etc. Both are nice sized fests with just 1 stage and a great atmos!

Hard Rock Hell is on in Butlins, U.K. in a few weeks; I'd love to go but it clashes with my grad, and Destruction ;-) Twisted are headlining it, it's mostly 80's rock/metal...classic stuff, and your ticket price includes a chalet in Butlins for the weekend-I reckon the craic would be mighty!

What's your verdict on Sweden Rock?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

Magnum force - thanks, I already know about Rocklahoma but theres no way I can afford a trip to america right now.

marrianewims - sweden rock is definitely the best festival ever, I have been going for 4 years and it's great.

What I really need is a festival like rocklahoma but in the UK next summer. I have no money to go to hard rock hell now.

Advertisement