Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keys

Options
  • 23-10-2007 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

where do you keep your keys when your in the water?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Luckily the key for my old jalopy doesn't have electronics for an immobiliser or anything like that so I keep it in the little key pocket built into my wetsuit :)

If you can't get your key wet then you can buy a little gizmo to keep it in: http://www.bournemouth-surfing.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=336

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

You can buy those things pretty much anywhere, they are quite a good idea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭irishsurfer

Best bet is the bubbleloc rash vest - failing that try the wheel arch or under a good stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

Wheel arch

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭paddyb

i got a key cut with no immobiliser, its just opens the doors and i take that in the water with me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Wheel arch,but it has a habbit of falling down!!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 seamunkey

I’ve a separate key for the doors (old jalopy also- with central. Locking) so ignition key I lock in car, tie the door key to shorts and away I go - amusing part is when I'm rushing in out of the cold with a knot I cant open fast enough so I'm trying' to locate the key in a trusting fashion (visualize ? :p)
    :o embarrassing ha, but what the hell

People must think I’ve a massive bellybutton !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Fungtank

You can get a lock box that attaches to they back underside of most cars... that gives you a electronic free key to bring in the water with ya, so long as you suit has a key pocket. Otherwise, down the bootie with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭paulie.walnuts

i got a key cut with no immobiliser, its just opens the doors and i take that in the water with me

Great idea! I always bring my key into the water and leave the electronic fob behind in the car which can only open the doors and not start the car.
    I'm lucky in that they are seperate. Most leashes also have a small pocket for keys that a lot of people starting out don't know is there. Very handy if a little bulky on the ankle. I'd strongly advise against leaving on the wheel arch, making it very easy for someone who'd keeping an eye out in the car park (was reported to be common in lahinch summer before last). If your car is stolen with the key on the arch your insurance would hardly cover the theft as you did not take reasonable measures to prevent the theft.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭roxychix

you can buy a case which has a lock for storing your key in it attaches to the tow bar to open it all you need is to key the password number it costs around €40 similar to a bicycle lock cant remeber the name right now but its real handy because you do not have to bring anything into the water with you but make sure not to put your key near the wheel ie the rims etc anybody could be watching i know someone who got their car stolen because of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

i keep on getting little waves of paranoia when I look onshore and realise that any knacker who happens to kick a certain stone over has a free 07 car!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭roxychix

yeah thats what always scares the bejaysus out of me dam skangers only other option is to walk or the bike if its not to far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Spoony2

i useuall hide the key at the back of the shock obsorber on a coil of the spring, on the wish bone behinde the shock, iunder the bumper in the grill in the dish of the wheel if its got hub caps place like that.....
    in the roof rack pad.. just be really creative theres more hideing places then youde think. :D

Advertisement