Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 23-10-2007 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know if it's possible to change the New Posts link so it only returns posts from fora I'm subscribed to? It would be a very useful feature, sort of like the front page but showing more than just the last twently posts.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Well, obviously that shouldn't be the default choice, but maybe a drop-down of the search link - New Posts (Subscribed Forums) or something.

I tried this but it didn't work :'(

[noparse]http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/search.php?do=getnew&forumchoice[]=subscribed[/noparse]

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This works a dream but is a tad on the ugly side.

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/subbed.php

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

That's close to what I'm looking for but it still shows posts that I've read. Ideally it would only show unread posts.

On other smaller sites (RUI, Neighbours.ie, etc) where I read all of the fora, I can click on New Posts and it shows me all the recent, unread posts so I can easily see what I've read and what I've missed. It's harder on boards because I don't want to read everything and it doesn't hide read posts for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

• Registered Users Posts: 9,309 ✭✭✭markpb

I like it. Pretty it aint but I'll take function over form any day! Cheers esel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

So a few of you are sub'd to Paranormal ... nice ;)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Um.... how can you tell 6th??

DeV

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

6th wrote: »
    So a few of you are sub'd to Paranormal ... nice ;)

Pssst... maybe your powers are working over time.....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,317 ✭✭✭✭Esel

DeVore wrote: »
    Um.... how can you tell 6th??DeV
    It's a gift he has! ;)

Not your ornery onager

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Monkeyfudge!!!! FFS :)

I'd set that up perfectly :p

DeV.

• Advertisement
Advertisement